Brian Moore i2000 1.13

SpiderSqasher

Reaction score
My son came across a Brian Moore iGuitar i2000 1.13 at a local pawn shop & walked away with it for $400 OTD..
It was made in Soul South Korea & has RMC Piezo saddles in the trem, 13 pin midi out, three EMG active pickups, Arched flamed maple top, bound neck, Sperzel locking tuners & is setup fantastic with .009"-.042"s nano web strings.. It's case is the same as a high end PRS marked with the iM logo, I figure the case, tuners & pickups would have cost $400..
It's action is so close & setup so good that when I changed the strings I just removed them, oiled the fingerboard & replaced them.. It's one of the best playing guitars I have ever had the pleasure of playing.. It's SWEET!!
I have a Roland GR-55 & cable that I scored for around $300 as new for his Christmas gift = One month away as of today..
I got a decent picture of the body sitting in a chair in his studio & a photo I lifted showing the controls, It also has a push/pull tone pot that splits the humbuckers into single coils..

Brian Moore iGuitar i2000 1.13
Brian Moore iguitar 1.13 Small.JPG
BrianMooreControls.jpg

DarrellV

Proud Member of the Golden Switch Tip Club
Premium Member
Reaction score
@LeftyF2003 , @mmd ,

Another Moore fan in here!

:welcome: to the best little corner of the internet!

I don't own one, but I admire the build and tops on these...:cool2:

I paged a couple friends who used to own Moore's (and may still) to come check it out!

Congrats on your new Guitar day, and enjoy your stay!

SpiderSqasher

Reaction score
LeftyF2003 that's a sweet BM for sure..
Love the quilty top..
Is it neck thru or a bolt on? Not that that matters really..
kinda hard to tell from the pic..
What's the extra knob for? piezo volume maybe?
Thanks for the reply.. SS

The arch tops on these are absolutely crazy..
Pic from Brian Moore site..
ComfortCont2.13.jpg

moreles

Reaction score
So does it actually work well? It's nice enough to look at, but does the maximum gizmo electronics accomplish anything?

SpiderSqasher

Reaction score
The piezo pickups work as we have tried them with the supplied 1/4" Y cable..
I have a Roland GR-55 for Him for Christmas in my closet now + 30' cable, Haven't tried the electronics other than the active EMGs & Piezo.. I put a Lithium 9 Volt in the guitar & it fits so tight in the cavity I had to take the sticker off the battery to get it too fit in there.. They are slightly bigger..
30 Days till Christmas when He'll get the GR-55 Guitar Synth..

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
That's an great score.

This is going to be such a killer Christmas for your son.

Congrats!!!

I remember want a USA Brian Moore back in the day when they were a hot item at my local guitar shop.

I just could never pony up the high dollar asking price for one.

I'd love to find a killer deal on a used one,and have kept my eye out for one, but I haven't hit pay dirt yet.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
LeftyF2003 that's a sweet BM for sure..
Love the quilty top..
Is it neck thru or a bolt on? Not that that matters really..
kinda hard to tell from the pic..
What's the extra knob for? piezo volume maybe?
Thanks for the reply.. SS

The arch tops on these are absolutely crazy..
Pic from Brian Moore site..
View attachment 422539
Yes, the extra knob is for the piezo. I'm not messing with midi guitar anymore so I opted for the piezo upgrade just to be able to split out an acoustic doubled track for recording. I run the magnetic guitar signal to an amp or my direct rig, then I send the piezo signal to a Radial PZ-DI box, then direct to the board. Sounds AMAZING!

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
So does it actually work well? It's nice enough to look at, but does the maximum gizmo electronics accomplish anything?
Midi tracks as well as I've ever heard it done from these guitars, and the magnetic pickups coupled with the coil tap settings give an insane range of sounds. This is absolutely the most versatile guitar I have, and I have quite a pile of guitars! :thumb:

SpiderSqasher

Reaction score
Lets hope the midi tracking etc is gr8 on this example
We have tried the piezo out with the stereo Y cable & it too does sound very acoustic
The guitar overall sounds fantastic with it's EMGs & coil tap/split options
I have a Roland GR-55 & cable under the Christmas Tree = Four weeks away now..
My Son is 28 & works full time 3rd shift, Due home any minute in fact..
Gonna go run trash out to the curb & look at what's for Breakfast.. SS

Latest Threads