Brasil World Cup

kmk108

Reaction score
The old snidey "the yanks can't play football" jokes, that I remember from school, have disappeared over the years making many people rightly eat their words. They are 14th in the world (and remember that is out of 207 countries) while players such as Donovan have became loved and respected performers in the English premiere League.

So if you have stumbled uponn this thread, American - and are on the fence whether to support your country, please do! America needs you. Plus Mystic Matt predicts in the next twenty years they will be a top, top team, IF the people and the $$$ get behind promoting the game.

Matt

It's growing fast. My hometown team just brought 500 to an away day 9 hours away. I wouldn't have even dreamed of something like that in 2010. Every World Cup, the sport exponentially grows here, so hopefully the US can do something to get people excited (I don't have a lot of hope though).

sapounov

Reaction score
We call this "American Football":

American-Football.jpg

And this is only right "Football" .

College_soccer_yates_iu_v_tulsa_2004.jpg

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
leaving it to the last minute is one thing.... but the cup starts in just over 2 weeks

Thats not last minute.... thats suicide :shock:

I have mates over there right now. Should be fun.

We're not expecting much. We are between player generations right now - all our great older players have retired and our young guys aren't quite there yet. Plus we've had some shocking injuries that ruled some of our best Bundesliga and UK-based players out of the Cup.

Oh yeah and we face the 2 finalists from 2010 in our group. And if we make it past them.... we get to play Brasil next :laugh2:

Brasil will probably win the Cup. But if they do, I hope to God they do it cleanly. For all their skill Brasil are some of the dirtiest whinging cheating simulating little bitches in world football. They have so much skill that they don't need to do that. It just detracts from their brilliance.

I love football and the world cup but I am so sick and tired of 'hands of god', faked injuries and blatant dives.

Howard2k

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c17aeF7JxAg&feature=kp]Rivaldo Dive - 2002 World Cup. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ccNkksrfls[/ame]

Cheating South Americans!

Gooner

Reaction score
Cheating in this manner is rife throughout football. I have high regard for Dutch players in general, but I truly hope something nasty happens to this POS......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAVW9Hussao]Arjen Robben Dive Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

LPBR

Reaction score
leaving it to the last minute is one thing.... but the cup starts in just over 2 weeks

Thats not last minute.... thats suicide :shock:

Well, you got the point. That's the brazilian way. Unfortunately. When I say the last MINUTE, I really mean it.

:laugh2:

Brasil will probably win the Cup. But if they do, I hope to God they do it cleanly. For all their skill Brasil are some of the dirtiest whinging cheating simulating little bitches in world football. They have so much skill that they don't need to do that. It just detracts from their brilliance.

I love football and the world cup but I am so sick and tired of 'hands of god', faked injuries and blatant dives.

I am not sure that we will win this one. It would be cool to win at home, but I think that CBF has wasted too many talents, efforts and time. While other countries has practiced hard Brasil just keep believing that they are the kings of the footbal so that's why we have only won five cups so far.

About the 'hands of god' and other stuff, yeah, this is ugly.

:p

LPBR

Reaction score
Uh, only 5? That's the record for most World Cups.

I know but Brasil could have won easily at least two more if they didn't had been so stupid and full of self-confidence in a couple past ones...

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Love the World Cup, looking forward to watching as many matches as I can.
Got my England shirt to the ready too :)

LPBR

Reaction score
By the way mates, I was thinking last night about the strongest oponents for Brasil. Traditionally the hardest plays for Brasil are the ones against the following selections (not in this order):

Argentina
Mexico
Camaron
Italy
France
Germany
England

:thumb:

The brazilian weather may be a leverage for us against Europe teams, although we will be in the Winter so it won't be too hard for our oponents as it would if it was Summer. Camaron and Mexico will do better though because they are more used to heat.

Pennyman

Reaction score
I'm not a huge football fan, but I do enjoy the WC, and to a somewhat lesser extent, the Euro Cup.

Because of the time difference, the earliest games start here at something like 11 PM or midnight. Luckily, the last day of school (work) for me is June 20th, then it's no problem to stay up late. Plus, I'll be back in Canada (Pacific time) for the 2nd round and the rest of July.

Looking forward to some good football!

Latest Threads