Brand new R7 VOS headstock scratches?

Injector

Reaction score
I received a brand new VOS gold top today and was wondering if some smudges and light surface scratches were typical on the shiny black surface of the VOS headstock? I'm thinking it's perhaps where someone at the store has attached one of those clip-on tuners.

Is there any way to remove light scratches from the headstock without making more of a mess? Thanks.

fretboarder

Reaction score
I think they use a scotch bright or something at the factory to give it that brushed or swirled look as part of the vos finish..

boola1

Reaction score
I received a brand new VOS gold top today and was wondering if some smudges and light surface scratches were typical on the shiny black surface of the VOS headstock? I'm thinking it's perhaps where someone at the store has attached one of those clip-on tuners.

Is there any way to remove light scratches from the headstock without making more of a mess? Thanks.
It's is normal for a 6 month old guitar. Check it again in 6 months!

mdubya

Reaction score
Haha. I've been trying but I can't photograph hairline scratches. All I can pick up are specks of dust....
We'll still take photos of the R7, visible scratches or no. :thumb:

I am not a stickler for fine details, at all. I know others are and things can really bother people that I don't even notice, much less get bothered by.

Dazza

Reaction score
Haha. I've been trying but I can't photograph hairline scratches. All I can pick up are specks of dust....
Specs of dust !! So it's not been kept in it's case ! That's almost considered abuse to some around here hehe. Take your pictures and quickly lock it up before it gets further damaged.

Or simply play it. Hopefully the marks you describe don't distract from your enjoyment. Maybe they'll polish out over time ? Honestly with several CS guitars I'm never banal about the cost and while some have travelled with me as players others stayed home in cases. I value them all.

Daz

ChuckHall03

Reaction score
Gorgeous instrument! My R8 had some very hard to see small scratches on the headstock and body when the right light hit it. Purchased new as well. I would say from my limited experience, this is to be expected.
Congrats on the purchase, just make sure to dust off that headstock before it does any permanent damage to the finish :p

Dilver

Reaction score
A good polish like Virtuoso will help some for very fine marks, but if they’re so small and fine you can’t photograph them, you’re probably obsessing over it too much.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy about that, but they look very superficial and could polish out. If the guitar is otherwise great in your opinion I wouldn't let that bother me. Black / Niro finish scratches if you breathe on it.

guitardon

Reaction score
If you actually play it the whole guitar will develops surface scratches. I play mine a lot because want to age it a little. This is such a minor issue and the rest of the guitar will catch up eventually.

none2low

Reaction score
Just wait until after your first string change, when you look down and realize, you accidentally scratched the headstock while stringing it back up.

Or when the tool slips while trying to loosen the lock nut on your locking tailpiece, on a less than week old guitar!!

Not that I've ever had such things happen... :rofl:Congrats and enjoy your new guitar in good health.

Latest Threads