Bowie.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
to kinda help me calm down a bit, i've been listening to Bowie's early stuff. it's so good. i'm about 3 albums in, about to wrap up Young Americans with the intro to Fame.
if you haven't put those on in a while, throw them on. i always got lazy and just played his greatest hits. big mistake.
pour your coffee and turn it up on your system. let it run, on the the next one.
good stuff.
it's helping me forget my idiot.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
i think it's so cool that Elon launched David into space in the roadster.

very fitting end.
that's very cool.
on top of cooling my head, i've been so bored with guitar that i haven't even picked it up in a few days, even though it's leaning up right next to my coffee maker. i hate playing electric guitar by myself, but it's so much easier to travel with than an acoustic, and i can play through headphones without making noise through the bulkheads. those early records are making me want to get home and grab my 4104 out of the rafters.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Young Americans is EARLY Bowie ... ? :shock:
Please play Hunky Dory as a matter of life threatening urgency ...
dude... i'm 47. i don't fuckin know.
i'm just going by what the laptop says. :laugh2:
i skipped oddity, started with the man who sold the world, then hunky dory, then ziggy, and wrapped it up with young americans.
but now i'm on to elvis costello. just finished may aim is true and now it's last year's model.
don't judge me.

Phil W

Reaction score
dude... i'm 47. i don't fuckin know.
i'm just going by what the laptop says. :laugh2:
i skipped oddity, started with the man who sold the world, then hunky dory, then ziggy, and wrapped it up with young americans.
but now i'm on to elvis costello. just finished may aim is true and now it's last year's model.
don't judge me.

Go in peace friend ... all Bowie is good even ' The Laughing Gnome'
(Just say 'Gnome'.)

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I always thought Max Zorin looked a bit like Bowie...

Max_Zorin.jpeg

gadafi

Reaction score
I was browsing some old RnR legends pics from the 60's n 70's last week and stumbled across this one. I hadn't seen Angie before and was thinking she was a strange looking girl. Took a few minutes for the penny to drop that it was David pushing the pram.

1630582150773.png

Let's Dance has some great guitar numbers on it.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The thing I always loved about Bowie's music is the chords and progressions he wrote. Even in that video above with the silly fat man song...that second chord is as surprising as it is classic Bowie. It's so him.

Here's one that actually puts a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye every time I hear it. From the 2013 release "The Next Day" ....the amazing reflections of his life in Berlin, Bowie knew he was sick and his days were numbered.

Elmore

Reaction score
Yeah, Bowie really had something. I even like the Diamond Dogs album. Check out this earlier cut with Mick Ronson killing it live.

Latest Threads