'bout the jimmy page number two signature les paul

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
DiMarzio could at least make better pickups... and Seymour Duncan makes uncovered Double White '59s at that. Why haven't they been sued?

The trademark involves the display of the open double white bobbins on a guitar; the double white can be made, but not displayed & sold on a guitar.

WoodyTone

Reaction score
DiMarzio could at least make better pickups... and Seymour Duncan makes uncovered Double White '59s at that. Why haven't they been sued?

I believe it's double cream, isn't it? Anyhow, Duncan (and everyone else) can only make and sell covered double-creams, not open. You can buy a covered double-cream from them then take the cover off.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I believe it's double cream, isn't it? Anyhow, Duncan (and everyone else) can only make and sell covered double-creams, not open. You can buy a covered double-cream from them then take the cover off.

I am pretty sure that it was called white in 1959. But they have aged to cream color. Not sure exactly what the DiMarzio patent says - maybe cream - but anything that is close will violate the trademark.

Latest Threads