Bought used R9...COA and case candy missing...how mad would you be?

gitmohair

Reaction score
. I'm not naming them as they are not sponsors here and no free advertising...even the negative kind.

This makes about as much sense as not sending the bloody guitar back. Not only are you happy to have yourself ripped off, you're happy for other people to risk repeating your experience.

toymaker

Reaction score
To those who want me to take action against the dealer...what action exactly.

Small claims-aside from needing to file out of state, prove the value of a COA (no easy task...if I filed for value of the total transaction I'd have to go pro se in regular court as sale price was above small claims max) - then all the dealer needs to do is point to it as a consignment and provide a name of the consignee to be dismissed.

BBB - see above, but with less teeth.

Outing him on forums...all I can say is how many guitars sold daily vs how many sold via MLPF. If they were a historic dealer...then possibly. But they are not and honestly I think there sales are pretty small compared to many sponsors here.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score

Small claims-aside from needing to file out of state, prove the value of a COA (no easy task...if I filed for value of the total transaction I'd have to go pro se in regular court as sale price was above small claims max) - then all the dealer needs to do is point to it as a consignment and provide a name of the consignee to be dismissed.

BBB - see above, but with less teeth.

Outing him on forums...all I can say is how many guitars sold daily vs how many sold via MLPF. If they were a historic dealer...then possibly. But they are not and honestly I think there sales are pretty small compared to many sponsors here.

This makes no sense at all. Zero. This isn't advertising, this is a PSA at this point to not deal with this dealer. Unless there is part of the story missing.....

houston

Reaction score
The action is return it for full refund. What you received is not what you were sold. Simple as that.

all the dealer needs to do is point to it as a consignment and provide a name of the consignee to be dismissed.
Based on what?

Say you hire me to cut your lawn. Then without telling you, I subcontract the job to a 9-yo kid down the street. The following weekend, he comes over and manages to destroy not only your lawn, but your prized flower beds too. Since I was doing this kid the "favor" of giving him a job (while I take a share of the profit), it somehow lets me off the hook? Of course not. I'm fully responsible for what happened. My only out is if I told you in advance ("We're not responsible for your lawn becoming destroyed") and you agreed to it.

Now, if you say that you pushed the dealer to return it for a full refund, and his reply to you was a bronx cheer, then a discussion of legal recourse would be the next step.

But if this whole thread ("how mad would you be?") has been about nothing but conceding defeat from the beginning, then it looks like you've already chosen to play the victim, and only came looking for sympathy.

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
I am so confused. OP you were the one that stated you were not happy with the deal. Unless Clapton, Page, Billy Gibbons, Albert Einstein, Abe Lincoln, all played and signed that guitar and I have certs and photos, it would be going back so fast that your head should swim. Who in thier right mind would protect or defend such reprehensible actions.

You should at the least then apologise to use for wasting our time, since you asked for and received considerable support from your MLP brothers (sisters if there are any) and we all took the time to advise, and attempt to help.

I hate to say it but this is what a troll would do. Not someone who has 500+ posts.

R

hrfdez

Reaction score
This makes no sense at all. Zero. This isn't advertising, this is a PSA at this point to not deal with this dealer. Unless there is part of the story missing.....

I agree!

Again, what was the freaking purpose of this useless thread?:dunno:

jlb32

Reaction score
I can see the purpose of the thread if the OP was actually going to do something about his displeasure. If not, then I agree this is pretty much a useless thread.

Pretty easy IMO. You obviously thought the guitar would include the COA and case candy. It was pictured that way so if you are not happy as a buyer and feel mislead or somewhat scammed by the seller then send it back.

Other wise no use talking about it. Not much else there is to be done.

jtees4

Reaction score
The case candy is a load of crap & the C. of A. is a meaningless piece of paper. Way, way too many members get their knickers in a knot about this crap. Sometimes I wonder if they are more concerned about this than the Guitar they bought.

The main issue here is what the seller told you. If the sale was done based on having all of the above, then you should have received it or get a discount because you did not. The Case Candy & C. of A. is probably worth ~ $300, not more, despite what the crap may or may not sell for.

As far as the Case is concerned all of my 2003's (except for 1) came in the crappy older Lifton. The Black Case is a bonus IMHO & does not in any way detract from saleability. I don't think having the new Lifton is a must have, unless the dealer says he'll swap them but then you have freight there & back. The Black Custom case is a great case; i.e. t is made by TKL & it is a high quality case.

I think the main thing here is WHAT was agreed in the sale. That is paramount. Is the Guitar a good one, if not send all of it back & get a refund..............then look for another.

If it is a great Guitar, get the dealer to confirm in writing about the Case change, the Case Candy & the C. of A. so you have a paperwork trail if & when you decide to sell. You should also ask for a fair refund of some $$$ to compensate. As for the Case, I'd be happy with that case.

Good luck. :)

My 2c FWIW.

+1 Totally agree. What was "understood" or "expected" is meaningless. What was specifically "said" or "written" is all that matters.

darth550

Reaction score
I've bought sold more than 30 historics in 3 years...

Then why are you asking? Is it BRAZ or not? COA value? ABC type stuff to a guy with 30 transactions in 3 years, IMO.

If you paid a non COA/BRAZ price and were looking to capitalize then you should have made sure of what you were getting before paying like FB said. Now that you got it, seems to me that if you're butt-hurt to the point of starting a thread, and you actually do have recourse (Paid with CC or PayPal) then you should send it back and call it a day. If not, and you're resigned to the fact you got exactly what you paid for than either play it or sell it to break even.

Also odd you're not naming the dealer for your forum brothers and trying like hell to give him the BOD.

darth550

Reaction score
One more thing.....

I've been around a lot of discussion forums and this seems like a typical "School's out" type of thread, which is odd coming from someone with 3 years and several hundred posts....

Just sayin'

jlb32

Reaction score
+1 Totally agree. What was "understood" or "expected" is meaningless. What was specifically "said" or "written" is all that matters.

I agree with that but in defense of the OP, if I was buying a guitar and the pictures of the guitar had the case candy and COA in them then I would expect them with the guitar when it arrived.

If the seller never had those items and was using someone else's pictures then IMO the pictures with the COA and case candy should not have been used or it should have been specified that the paperwork was not included.

A lot feel the case candy and COA are meaningless but it does affect resale since a big majority of buyers do want those things when buying.

A written letter from the seller is worthless. I personally would not buy a guitar just because the seller had a written letter from someone.

StubbyJ

Reaction score
This is a serious question: When did the term "butt hurt" come about as a replacement for what I understand to be, disappointed/sad? I may be old, but I don't remember hearing this term until about 6 months ago. It seems people toss this term around as if engaging in anal sex is a commonality. I personally have never experienced receiving anal sex, thus I can't relate.

I first heard the term at the school where I teach. Two program support assistants were talking about a guy getting a bad deal regarding auto related expenses....."he was butt hurt." It took me back hearing an adult saying this in a professional environment. I guess it's common and almost dare I say, accepted, from what I'm told.

Interesting terminology.

Sorry, if anyone is butt hurt from me asking this question.

hrfdez

Reaction score
Ok, now this is getting weirder and weirder by the second!

When this thread turned into an Anal Sex thread?:shock:

SERIOUSLY?

darth550

Reaction score
This is a serious question: When did the term "butt hurt" come about as a replacement for what I understand to be, disappointed/sad? I may be old, but I don't remember hearing this term until about 6 months ago. It seems people toss this term around as if engaging in anal sex is a commonality. I personally have never experienced receiving anal sex, thus I can't relate.

I first heard the term at the school where I teach. Two program support assistants were talking about a guy getting a bad deal regarding auto related expenses....."he was butt hurt." It took me back hearing an adult saying this in a professional environment. I guess it's common and almost dare I say, accepted, from what I'm told.

Interesting terminology.

Sorry, if anyone is butt hurt from me asking this question.

Sorry I left off the hashtag....

#butthurt...

Was that soothing for ya, Stubby????? :D :D

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should hear the teenagers nowadays....yep.... we are getting left behind...

and I would think it would be painful, (for some) therefore, would be a negative experience, depending upon which party "may" be benefiting. So "getting the shaft" (in my day) meant the same thing... it just left more to the imagination.

Keeping that in mind, I do believe that he meant that one person benefitted from the perceived misery of another....making it a negative experience. which by human nature, we usually try to avoid.

but since we are in a world where the mere thought of it offends some, and yet, you may offend others who may find this pleasurable...its better not to talk about it...

jamman

Reaction score
Ok, now this is getting weirder and weirder by the second!

When this thread turned into an Anal Sex thread?:shock:

SERIOUSLY?

Top of the page , Post #91 :lol:

My question for the OP was/is (sorry I didn't read every post on all 4 pages), when did you get the pic showing all the paper work and COA? Did the Dealer give/forward it to you , or did the Original owner at a later time foward the pics to you ? If the Dealer supplied the pics to you , before you put the deposit and before you completed the sale , It is he who is 100 % responcible for not giving you what was shown in the pixs . He knew what he had and what was in the pics/

If the Original owner sent the pixs to you later on , Than both have a role in selling the item not as discribed . If the guitar came directly from the dealer , and the sale was 100% through him . He is 100% at fault . No matter what BS story he claims .

RAG7890

Reaction score
4 pages, I am in disbelief.............

costanza_popcorn.gif

:shock:............we are in it for the long hall Jerry.

:cheers:

Latest Threads