Bought my first Fender!

hobbyman

Reaction score
Meet my MIM HSS Plus Top:
fend.jpg

fendbod.JPG

fendcloseup.JPG

Ever since I bought my first electric guitar (a Harmony Strat copy), I thought, "Maybe someday I'll buy a real Fender Strat.". Well, thanks to a real nice gigging musician, I was able to bring this beauty home with me two weeks ago.

It sounds as great as it looks! I was finally able to take some pictures of it the other day. The first two pictures were taken at night, but I took the last picture the next day, so it shows the flame maple top beautifully.

Bobby Burrows

Banned
Reaction score
Meet my MIM HSS Plus Top:
View attachment 372579
View attachment 372580

View attachment 372581

Ever since I bought my first electric guitar (a Harmony Strat copy), I thought, "Maybe someday I'll buy a real Fender Strat.". Well, thanks to a real nice gigging musician, I was able to bring this beauty home with me two weeks ago.

It sounds as great as it looks! I was finally able to take some pictures of it the other day. The first two pictures were taken at night, but I took the last picture the next day, so it shows the flame maple top beautifully.
Nice.

slug_maine

Reaction score
Love that guitar, lately I've been itchin for a strat again. Thought I was done with them but now I'm not so sure.

steveb63

Reaction score
You did great! Looks sweet.

I've really come to appreciate the maple fretboard. Just something about it makes me me feel more connected to the wood?

I know, sounds goofy, don't know how to articulate it, but over time you'll see what I mean.

Have fun with that new toy.

hobbyman

Reaction score
You did great! Looks sweet.

I've really come to appreciate the maple fretboard. Just something about it makes me me feel more connected to the wood?

I know, sounds goofy, don't know how to articulate it, but over time you'll see what I mean.

Have fun with that new toy.
Thank you! My Harmony Strat copy has a maple fretboard also, as does a Tele style that I have. I agree, maple fretboards are pretty cool!

integra evan

Reaction score
Looks great. I use to have one in the same color, just a rosewood board and SSS:

2018-03-08_10-48-46.jpg

Enjoy!

Dr. Arkam

Reaction score
Awesome guitar. I love MiM Fenders, I’ve had quite a few Strats and Teles and currently have an MiM 5 string Jazz Bass. I gave my Strat to my son, he loves it. Now I need a new one. Congrats.

hobbyman

Reaction score
Awesome guitar. I love MiM Fenders, I’ve had quite a few Strats and Teles and currently have an MiM 5 string Jazz Bass. I gave my Strat to my son, he loves it. Now I need a new one. Congrats.
Thanks! The closest I had to a Fender Strat was a MIK Squier Strat that I bought years ago for my son when he was about 5. Now he's 14 and he loves his Strat too.

Latest Threads