Bought a new truck

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck man, I'm a truck guy myself and a 4by4 was the only way to go where u live. Told my wife u got a new one and she said "don't even think about it". I have a tundra 4by4, great truck but has a few miles on it, couldn't hurt to try.

I got the opposite problem, I've had my wife pushing me to get a new truck for about 6 months. I didn't tell her I was checking them out online.

I'm thinkin' you need a 4X4 down in your neck of the woods quite a bit lately too...

How are things lookin' down there today?

Shelbyblues

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy new Ford anything, especially a brand new model.

I have never had such a horrible experience dealing with warranty issues and defects that they just ignore. $5319 for a new turbo and exhaust at less than 100,000 miles? New fuel tank, pump and all injectors because a diesel fuel tank delaminates and sends rust thru the entire fuel system? Nope, I'm saving the headaches and going with another brand. Ford just lost loyal customer. GMC probably just got a new one.

Freddy

My experience has been just the opposite.

I have owned two GM trucks, one Dodge truck, and 8 Ford trucks.

A lot of it depends on the dealership when it comes to warranty work.

Mine has been in business since 1927 and is one of the oldest Ford dealerships in the country, and has always bent over backwards to correct any issues.

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I picked it up tonight!!!

The "cheap" vinyl interior is MUCH nicer than I thought it would be. It's stitched together like leather, it's just not leather.

Good power. I haven't hammered it yet because I'm still breaking it in. I did a couple 3/4 throttle pulls to 4k RPMs. It's got some grunt. Not as much as a diesel, but quicker than a diesel without a load on it.

I put 100 miles on it tonight.... :)

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gratz on the new truck, Doc! :thumb:

Love that "new car" smell, too... bet you've been huffing it all night!

--R :D

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hell YA...

In fact, I waited till I got outta' the truck to fart... (not kidding)
I guess there really is a first time for everything... :)

Latest Threads