Bought a new les paul, dont know what case i should buy.

Alesp

Reaction score
Hello, im struggling with this.
Im a proud owner of an epiphone les pual, but i need a bag/case to store it.
Ive been looking for the epiphone case and it seems good, but im looking also for a soft case that is good enought or at least as good as the epiphone hard case.
There is the epilite bags, but i read that these does not protect the headstock and it could broke if the bag falls, but i dont know...
Could you give me any recommendations please?
Thank you.

Reactions: Who

peobryant

Reaction score
I'm not sure if a soft case can ever be quite as good as a hard case, but I'm quite fond of Gibson's new soft case.

ASSFCASE-BRN_upright.png

It offers plenty of protection, and a Les Paul fits nice and secure in it. Admittedly, I haven't tried this case with my Epiphone Les Paul, but I can't imagine the fit is much different than a Gibson.

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Epiphone hard case is an EXCELLENT case. Why bother with a soft case? Is it going to save a few grams?

Unless your travels require backpacking your guitar, get the Epi hard case and be impressed with its ability to protect, high quality, and logo that matches your guitar.

Welcome to the forum!

Mahoot

Reaction score
2nd that ^. Recently bought a Kat series case for my Epiphone Uptown Kat. Fit and build quality are very good indeed. My LP, I will travel in my Gibson case. Don't see my need for transporting both together anytime soon. But if I did, I wouldn't hesitate on buying another Epi case.

Alesp

Reaction score
Ill bought a hard case then. This was my first idea but people told me that hard cases are very sturdy.
What about gator cases?
Gator case: 75 bucks.
Epiphone case: 114 bucks.
Dooes the epiphone one worth the difference?
Thanks.

Who

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gator makes good cases. The Epi cases are better/nicer.

If you are looking for basic protection, Gator will do it. The Epi is a littler prettier. I've had both, I have no problems with Gator.

Gator:
1641501660119.png

Alesp

Reaction score
Gator makes good cases. The Epi cases are better/nicer.

If you are looking for basic protection, Gator will do it. The Epi is a littler prettier. I've had both, I have no problems with Gator.

Gator:
View attachment 582633
Is this the gator one?
The prophecy has two extra frets so maybe wont fit in there right?

Who

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Prophecy has a scale length of 24.724. Same as a Gibson Les Paul (about).

BUT, your overall length may be longer, so there could be an issue.

Here is an old thread that talks about this:

Where do you plan to order from? I know Musician's Friend will help you with sizing over the phone, to make sure you get a case that fits.

scrumm21

Reaction score
like Who I have both.

I really like my Gator case
It's 7 yrs old

My Epi cases are nice too

Reaction score
The Epi-lite cases are actually quite good. The sides are reinforced so it's not really a "soft case". It's more like a semi-hard (?) case. As with any soft case though, I wouldn't stack anything on top of it.

Hello, im struggling with this.
Im a proud owner of an epiphone les pual, but i need a bag/case to store it.
Ive been looking for the epiphone case and it seems good, but im looking also for a soft case that is good enought or at least as good as the epiphone hard case.
There is the epilite bags, but i read that these does not protect the headstock and it could broke if the bag falls, but i dont know...
Could you give me any recommendations please?
Thank you.

Alesp

Reaction score
Another question.
Ill probably go with the gator case because the price.
But i dont know if i should pick the plywood or the abs version.
Abs should be more resistant, but i like how the torex looks, despite the fact it rips off.
Also in the pics the abs one look like it has more foam inside.

I should add that i want the case to store the guitar at home, im not planning on using it to travel.

Thank you all for your resaponses.

Reaction score
I have both the plywood ones (with the brown tolex exterior) and the ABS ones and they've been used for shipping guitars across the globe when I moved. Never had an issue with any of them - all my guitars were unscathed after shipping. I wouldn't worry about the tolex ripping unless you're putting your case through heavy abuse.

Alesp

Reaction score
Im having some trouble with fret buzz on the second an third fret.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have a lot of aftermarket cases here and my favorite one is the Allen Eden. They are sturdier than most aftermarket cases, have good, thick tolex that doesn't tear easily and fit the guitars fantastically.

Latest Threads