Bought a 1979 LS-50

mono

Reaction score
I take it you know about the neck crack? I would only recommend upgrading/modding if it you have issues with it as it is!

Check out what pickups you have in there, they probably aren't stock (which is a good thing)

Roxy13

Reaction score
I love the color, congrats!

I second only changing things if you want or need to.

jakehard

Reaction score
I take it you know about the neck crack? I would only recommend upgrading/modding if it you have issues with it as it is!

Check out what pickups you have in there, they probably aren't stock (which is a good thing)
No! Please elaborate about the neck crack.

I believe they are Gotoh, stock pickups, but I could open them up to see more.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Thanks, me too! I'm guessing this is the lemon drop, but a bit faded?
That could be, but it's really pretty. It seems like most of them are cherry sunburst, which is not my thing. I love yours though.

jakehard

Reaction score
That could be, but it's really pretty. It seems like most of them are cherry sunburst, which is not my thing. I love yours though.
I like this more than the cherry sunburst too. Let's see how it looks after polishing.

BadMongo

Reaction score
Admittedly know nothing about the model but almost looks like it was refinished except for the headstock - could definitely be mistaken. And I definitely third (4th?) not changing anything unless it's deficient.

jakehard

Reaction score
Admittedly know nothing about the model but almost looks like it was refinished except for the headstock - could definitely be mistaken. And I definitely third (4th?) not changing anything unless it's deficient.
Yes, perhaps. Looks similar to the honey burst actually, now that I searched for some.

jakehard

Reaction score
The back of the headstock has been painted later, with a black "stinger", to cover repair of break at base, visible in pic. Not a big deal if it's stable, my best guitar has similar repair :yesway:
I see it now, thank you! Learning more and more about it.

mono

Reaction score
Yep, it's just worth knowing about it. $400 is not a bad price, but the seller should have pointed it out to you in my opinion...

jakehard

Reaction score
Yep, it's just worth knowing about it. $400 is not a bad price, but the seller should have pointed it out to you in my opinion...
Apparently they had no idea. It was passed down in the family.

jakehard

Reaction score
Would you say it's a decent repair job? Is there anything I should look out for?

Latest Threads