Botched norlin

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Translation:

Description Hi. Now sell this renovation item to someone who wants to give it a new life. According to various forums and music stores, I have been confirmed to be a genuine USA deluxe les paul with maple neck. These were made without serial numbers stamped on the back head between years 75-77. The guitar was bought used around 1978. Weight around 4 kg.

"Made without serial numbers stamped on the back head between years 75-77." Is that true? I don't think I've ever seen a real Gibson without a serial #. Spidy sense it tingling.

Zep, does your '76 Deluxe have a serial #? If it does then this guy's claim that 75-77 LPs don't have serial # is suspect.

Reactions: zep

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
What happened to the maple top at the control knobs?? Not sure if this is worth 600 usd....

zep

Reaction score
Zep, does your '76 Deluxe have a serial #? If it does then this guy's claim that 75-77 LPs don't have serial # is suspect.
Mine has a serial, yes this is very strange, must be a fake?

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Looks legit, but that truss rod is maxed!

grumphh

Reaction score
What happened to the maple top at the control knobs?? Not sure if this is worth 600 usd....
This is the correct question to ask - not whether it is a Gibson or not. (I think it is a Gibson.)

Whatever happened to the top at the control cavity???? :eek2:

IMO this thing isn't worth more than a couple of thousand swedish crowns at most, and can hardly be for any purpose other than a "labour of love" restauration...

Latest Threads