BOTB reissues....

W

WBPickups

I had a couple more movements tonight while looking at this thread. Time for a cigarette. Thanks guys.

Frank, your guitar is something nice. I am in love. would love to send her flowers and stalk her.

Not to thread derail and I will delete this as soon as I can find out. What is this guitar on the right? I am liking it.

BOTB&

marklp69

Reaction score
I had a couple more movements tonight while looking at this thread. Time for a cigarette. Thanks guys.

Frank, your guitar is something nice. I am in love. would love to send her flowers and stalk her.

Not to thread derail and I will delete this as soon as I can find out. What is this guitar on the right? I am liking it.

BOTB&

I could be wrong, but the guitar on the right looks like it might be a Gustavsson Bluesmaster.

Texas07R8

Reaction score
None of these are mine, just photos I've saved:

Brockburst
BOTB&

9-0913BrockburstCSReplicad.jpg

9-0913BrockburstCSReplicaf.jpg

man, I'd heard that the CS had made some BOTB copies but I thought well they were just Custom Shop's that happened to look a LOT like guitar X in the BOTB book. Until now I didn't know they actually have a COA w/matching SN's and that they apparently made several of these guitars. That brockburst is amazing. Thank you so much for posting these pics!

Wonder if they've re-created Pearly Gates??????????????? The COA sort of indicates they made all 86 featured in the book.

Does anyone know what year these were made? Not quite sure how to read those serial numbers for dates. And are these replicas sporting Brazilian fretboards too?

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All that I have seen are after the cut off, so no Brazilian,
but I haven’t seen them all, so maybe.
The intention was to recreate all 86, but the series was
ended very abruptly, and I don’t know how many actually
were made.

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what year these were made? Not quite sure how to read those serial numbers for dates. And are these replicas sporting Brazilian fretboards too?

Based on the serial number 931384, the Brock was made in 2003. The Perry was also made in 2003. I remember lusting after that guitar when it first showed up on Dave's Guitar website. The price was reasonable (about $6K), but I just couldn't swing it at the time.

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Based on the serial number 931384, the Brock was made in 2003. The Perry was also made in 2003. I remember lusting after that guitar when it first showed up on Dave's Guitar website. The price was reasonable (about $6K), but I just couldn't swing it at the time.

6k????

What do you guys think?.........I think the Perry Burst............would go for about 3 1/2 times that today......... maybe a little more.........................

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
6k????

What do you guys think?.........I think the Perry Burst............would go for about 3 1/2 times that today......... maybe a little more.........................

Mark, again my opinion about price is...these guitars are so rare, whatever someone is willing to pay is what it's worth...not a penny more, and not a penny less.

BTW, here's a pic of the first Stanleyburst I owned:

1st_BOTB_Guitar_Resized.jpg

Texas07R8

Reaction score
BTW, here's a pic of the first Stanleyburst I owned:

1st_BOTB_Guitar_Resized.jpg

Next to the Brock, that Stanleyburst is one of nicest flame patterns and burst color IMO. That's what I'm looking for next.

Davely

Reaction score
HELP !!!!! As a fellow Les Paul lover I need some help. I have a Joe Perry "BOTB" that absolutely smokes. The serial # on the headstock is what is on the real guitar. Where is the other serial number ? Also, were there more than one made for each guitar ? When I bought the Perry I kind of remember being told there were 2 that Tom Murphy did. Any info is appreciated. Thank You ! Dave

FUS44

Reaction score
I'd like to see what the BOTB 8 5489 R8 looks like.
That's one of my top 3 in the book and the most unique IMHO.

Davely

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did locate the SN# under the backplate. Might anyone know how many Perry bursts were made ? As many of you know, very little can compare to the rush of playing such a fantastic instrument. While i'm only a mediocre player, this guitar inspires me like no other. It's great to know that I'm not alone in my love of these guitars !

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did locate the SN# under the backplate. Might anyone know how many Perry bursts were made ? As many of you know, very little can compare to the rush of playing such a fantastic instrument. While i'm only a mediocre player, this guitar inspires me like no other. It's great to know that I'm not alone in my love of these guitars !

I know there were at least two Perrybursts made.

Davely

Reaction score
Thank you for the info Danelectro. I love my Perryburst.....but may have it for sale if finances don't get better soon! It is the best guitar that I have ever picked up.

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info Danelectro. I love my Perryburst.....but may have it for sale if finances don't get better soon! It is the best guitar that I have ever picked up.

Please contact me if you decide to sell. :D

Davely

Reaction score
Will do. I hope i don't have to but been working less and the bills keep coming :(.

Latest Threads