Boss Waza Craft Centaur coming soon!

LP1865

Reaction score
As if there aren't enough Klones in the world already.
What would sell more from them would be a $50-$100 clone of the Centaur.
That would sell far more, as the only competition in that segment is the Soul Food

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I can afford one now

Lester

Reaction score
Or you can buy the Mosky for $20. Just sayin' .

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
Let’s face it, if this prank ever became reality it would sell faster than any other pedal ever did.
Already Boss had the acumen to liaise with “Mr. Macari’s” here in England and have recently come out with their own “Waza Craft reissue” of the Sola Sound Tone Bender which (allegedly) on pre-order only sold out within days: if they did the same thing with the Klon Centaur it would literally annihilate every single other “klone” on the market, no matter how good those are.
I for one would buy it, no questions asked.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Where is the Waza Slow Gear?!?!?! Rumored and requested for years - still MIA.
So few pedals do what the Slow Gear did, which was basically an auto-volume swell, in the same way an auto-wah works. The Slow Gear would cut off the initial pick attack, so everything you play sounds like a swell.

I gave up last year, and finally bought an EHX Attack Decay which does the same thing. It's amazing.

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
The Waza Tone Bender is real, however. $350 US
Waza Craft Schmaza Craft. The best sounding and most versatile Tone Bender out there hands down is the Ramble FX Twin Bender at $199. You can switch between the MK I.V and MK II and switch between three voicings (stock, mids, & fat) and it also has separate impedance and bias controls.

Last edited:

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
Waza Craft Schmaza Craft. The best sounding and most versatile Tone Bender out there hands down is the Ramble FX Twin Bender at $199. You can switch between the MK I.V and MK II and switch between three voicings (stock, mids, & fat) and it also has separate impedance and bias controls.

That looks like a fantastic piece of gear, and an evolution of the original Tone Bender, however the Boss Waza version doesn’t pretend to be anything more than a recreation of the original, simple & straightforward, which is just what some folks need.
I haven’t tried it out yet but a producer friend of mine has an original early 60s Tone Bender, and I can see its allure, which goes beyond nostalgia..
I also wouldn’t quite refer to it as “Schmaza Craft” as have to say that in my personal experience every Waza Craft pedal I’ve tried was nothing short of being fantastic, great vintage tone plus an added new twist, and very low floor noise. Quality.

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
That looks like a fantastic piece of gear, and an evolution of the original Tone Bender, however the Boss Waza version doesn’t pretend to be anything more than a recreation of the original, simple & straightforward, which is just what some folks need.
I haven’t tried it out yet but a producer friend of mine has an original early 60s Tone Bender, and I can see its allure, which goes beyond nostalgia..
I also wouldn’t quite refer to it as “Schmaza Craft” as have to say that in my personal experience every Waza Craft pedal I’ve tried was nothing short of being fantastic, great vintage tone plus an added new twist, and very low floor noise. Quality.
I hope these live up to expectations for the Boss and Macari/Sola Sound collaboration and guitar players alike. I look forward to the demos and shootouts to come on YouTube. I think the guitar world is in a pedal Renaissance with so many companies and little guys putting out really nice pedals. I bought my Twin Bender for $125 used and I couldn't imagine spending $350 on something les versatile with equal sound. The Macari/Sola Sound Tone Bender story is very fascinating I must admit.

Last edited:

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
I hope these live up to expectations for the Boss and Macari/Sola Sound collaboration and guitar players alike. I look forward to the demos and shootouts to come on YouTube. I think the guitar world is in a pedal Renaissance with so many companies and little guys putting out really nice pedals. I bought my Twin Bender for $125 used and I couldn't imagine spending $350 on something les versatile with equal sound. The Macari/Sola Sound Tone Bender story is very fascinating I must admit.

I know this guy, over the years I went to his shop, Macari's, many many times and one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that his heart is definitely in the right place. with a passion!

Latest Threads