Boss Katana Air VS Boss Katana

MichaelAndrew3435

Reaction score
So what are the differences other than the size and the wireless feature on the air? I'm looking for a new headphone amp that's small and easy to use. I might also take this ideal amp on short road trips. Anyone have experience with both? Feel like I see a lot of people talking about the Katana 50 and not so much the air.

smk506

Reaction score
I think you hear more about the 50 since it’s kind of the ideal amp size for people who want something inbetween a practice amp and a real amp. Plus it’s a bit cheaper which also probably helps with its flagship model status.

It sounds like you’ll get good use out of the extra features the air offers though.

I’ve thought about picking up the air model even though I have the 50, but my little black star micro amp will have to keep me company on trips awhile longer instead.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the difference is the from factor. For just low volume, the Air is likely more suited and tuned for it.

MichaelAndrew3435

Reaction score
I think you hear more about the 50 since it’s kind of the ideal amp size for people who want something inbetween a practice amp and a real amp. Plus it’s a bit cheaper which also probably helps with its flagship model status.

It sounds like you’ll get good use out of the extra features the air offers though.

I’ve thought about picking up the air model even though I have the 50, but my little black star micro amp will have to keep me company on trips awhile longer instead.
What Blackstar are you using? :]

smk506

Reaction score
What Blackstar are you using? :]
Fly 3.

It’s not a ‘real’ amp by any stretch, but it actually sounds really good for a desk top job. As a bonus it worked great for hooking up my iphone to the headphone jack.

The new phone doesn’t have a jack so that’s gone, but I think they make a bluetooth version of the amp too.

For the price of a cheapish pedal ($70) I think they’re pretty cool.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Hmm... The Waza Air and Katana Air are pretty close to the same price. I think the Waza Air is pretty cool for a take and go jamming headset for sure. The Blackstar Core 10 or 20 are a heck of a lot cheaper than the Katana Air if you're looking for a small take with you with good sound. The Katana 50 I have and it sounds pretty good, but definitely not as portable.

Latest Threads