"BOO-BEE" on the head stock?

guitarjoem

Reaction score
Yeah. Looks like a decal as applied in place of the original silk screened "Les Paul Model" when the (poor) neck repair was done. The top hole on the truss rod cover looks like it was busted as well. Seems like a real Les Paul with a solid but shabby looking repair to me.

Mockbel

Reaction score
I would never be interested in this guitar... BOO BEE and repaired headstock... Seller seems to be one of those who don't care about their stuff and this pisses me off !

ClashCityRocker

Reaction score
After the seller told me that the original owner had "named it", I politely suggested calling it out in the ad as I had almost missed the BOOBEE/MODEL issue myself and I would have been beside myself if I didn't notice until it was already in my hands ........ nothing's been updated.
I get that people customize their stuff and that most used instruments aren't going to be mint, but it really irks me when people don't call out stuff like this because they know it will potentially affect the sale. Something that may not have been that big a deal, and potentially even reversible, all of a sudden tarnishes the whole subject of the newly acquired gear.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I'd love to see more of that Tele besides it.

Maybe it's a Teleblaster.

djw171

Reaction score
Not a great repair job. I have a 2013 Traditional with a repair. Looks much better than this...and BOO BEE..WTF!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20151221_184739.jpg
    IMG_20151221_184739.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 26

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
After the seller told me that the original owner had "named it", I politely suggested calling it out in the ad as I had almost missed the BOOBEE/MODEL issue myself and I would have been beside myself if I didn't notice until it was already in my hands ........ nothing's been updated.
I get that people customize their stuff and that most used instruments aren't going to be mint, but it really irks me when people don't call out stuff like this because they know it will potentially affect the sale. Something that may not have been that big a deal, and potentially even reversible, all of a sudden tarnishes the whole subject of the newly acquired gear.

I wouldn't have updated it either. It's not that big of a deal. It's in the picture. He didn't try to hide it. Besides, there is enough to bitch about with the funky headstock repair.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
Why is there a picture of the checklist from another guitar?

Iain

Reaction score
Had to join the forum after reading this. I'm the poor bugger who bought "boo bee" - but, and it's a big but, I'm really happy with her!
Yes the repair is ugly, but sound. The tag is wrong! It's for a standard ( put in the wrong case?). But, she plays like a dream, sounds huge and knocks the spots off my Korean Epiphone Standard ( with Seymour Duncan's) and if my memory is correct, even better than my '81 Gibson standard I traded for a Jeff Beck custom shop Strat ( which I still regret).
I paid £800. Probably too much, but it's going to be a working gigging guitar, and I'm happy. Also I'm pretty sure she is genuine ( I'm waiting for confirmation from Gibson).

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
Had to join the forum after reading this. I'm the poor bugger who bought "boo bee" - but, and it's a big but, I'm really happy with her!
Yes the repair is ugly, but sound. The tag is wrong! It's for a standard ( put in the wrong case?). But, she plays like a dream, sounds huge and knocks the spots off my Korean Epiphone Standard ( with Seymour Duncan's) and if my memory is correct, even better than my '81 Gibson standard I traded for a Jeff Beck custom shop Strat ( which I still regret).
I paid £800. Probably too much, but it's going to be a working gigging guitar, and I'm happy. Also I'm pretty sure she is genuine ( I'm waiting for confirmation from Gibson).

Wow! So you do exist! Nice to have you here sir.

Gotta say, as much as I had a laugh when I saw that LP, the teenager that I still refuse to stop being, is a bit jealous. That's a truly unique guitar. Now you need to present her in society on a proper way.

RustyNuts

Reaction score

If you're happy then that's all that matters. Anyone else can go suck an egg.

Iain

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I intend to take "boo bee" out on a gig a week today. The other guitarist has a new Les Paul Deluxe, it will be interesting to compare. I've put new strings on, given her a clean up and a truss rod tweak and I'm really impressed. I can't wait to play at gig level through some cooking valves!

Latest Threads