Bond is still Bond, but he's not "007" anymore

Lungo

Reaction score
Who wants to bet that the director of the agency will be played by a womanizing white male that's oozing toxic masculinity?

dissaffected

Reaction score
As long as she is better than Pierce Brosnan, the worst ever Bond. Actually who was responsible for that Brosnan call.

If she can run better than that stiff backed Brosnan she will be ahead of the game.

Last edited:

scott1970

Reaction score
A mix of 00 agents could possibly help embiggen the franchise.

What if they introduced a lesbian POC 009, a disabled, wheelchair bound Asian 003, and a transgender atheist Hispanic vegan 005.

Build them all up and let them interact with 007, so White privilege can properly be bashed on the silver screen.

More woke peoples, more profit, more action films....everybody wins!!!

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All I can do is shrug... and even that took an effort. :laugh2:

I'm basically indifferent to all this sort of thing. It doesn't upset me, or intrigue me-- or anything, really. I see the gender swap as a marketing tactic-- and little more.

I don't take movies all that seriously to begin with. I just watch stuff and I either like it or I don't like it.

I see people carry on on this site all the time about this movie and that movie, and what they liked and didn't like... and Jesus, but they get into an analysis that somehow becomes more trite, the deeper they go.

I don't *mind it* that anybody does that... but it's all lost on me. I truly do not care what anybody else likes or dislikes to begin with. And I have ignored professional critics all my life... why would I pay attention to the ramblings of amateurs?

That's why I'm seldom seen in these movie threads. I think that the fuss is generally puerile. I believe that this is the second such thread that I ever even bothered to respond to. The last time it was some Star Wars shit others were carrying on about. Somebody started in on me about the "beloved characters" we were discussing and I didn't have the heart to tell the guy that I didn't actually love any of 'em.

To top it all off, I consider movies to be superficial entertainment-- not some great or important event. Good thing, too: it has been ages since I saw anything at all that didn't seem almost wholly derivative or serialized.

Remember when that all-female Ghostbusters came out and everyone was all ticked off about it? The ranting went on for quite a while, and so did the dire predictions, the social analyses, and so forth.

I shrugged. I didn't give a shit. And when I finally saw the movie, all I thought to myself was that it wasn't that good.

--R

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
how come diversity means appropriation of pre-existing white male characters? (like Ghostbusters.)

How about come up with your own ideas and heros and quit ripping off other ones in the guise of equality?

How come it's not 'cultural appropriation' when it's taken from White People? :laugh2:

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All I can do is shrug... and even that took an effort. :laugh2:

I'm basically indifferent to all this sort of thing. It doesn't upset me, or intrigue me-- or anything, really. I see the gender swap as a marketing tactic-- and little more.

I don't take movies all that seriously to begin with. I just watch stuff and I either like it or I don't like it.

I see people carry on on this site all the time about this movie and that movie, and what they liked and didn't like... and Jesus, but they get into an analysis that somehow becomes more trite, the deeper they go.

I don't *mind it* that anybody does that... but it's all lost on me. I truly do not care what anybody else likes or dislikes to begin with. And I have ignored professional critics all my life... why would I pay attention to the ramblings of amateurs?

That's why I'm seldom seen in these movie threads. I think that the fuss is generally puerile. I believe that this is the second such thread that I ever even bothered to respond to. The last time it was some Star Wars shit others were carrying on about. Somebody started in on me about the "beloved characters" we were discussing and I didn't have the heart to tell the guy that I didn't actually love any of 'em.

To top it all off, I consider movies to be superficial entertainment-- not some great or important event. Good thing, too: it has been ages since I saw anything at all that didn't seem almost wholly derivative or serialized.

Remember when that all-female Ghostbusters came out and everyone was all ticked off about it? The ranting went on for quite a while, and so did the dire predictions, the social analyses, and so forth.

I shrugged. I didn't give a shit. And when I finally saw the movie, all I thought to myself was that it wasn't that good.

--R

But you can say that regarding anything. You love New Orleans and know everything about it's history and culture, a person could easily say the same thing about your knowledge in that area, "what's the point? it's contrite."

It comes down to whatever you like. People tend to know a good amount of stuff about the things they like.

So if someone tells me their hobby is collecting PEZ dispensers and they know every little thing about PEZ dispensers, I might sort of think that's odd? But I understand,.. that's just their thing.

Everyone has a thing. A lot of people are very into movies and stories and characters.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't like Bond movies, or any Bond actor myself. But the idea is just stupid and lazy, and clamors fro attention.

Lets remake Scarface with an Asian lady?
Or Erin Brockovich starring the Rock?
Maybe do the Sopranos, but instead of mobsters, they're all female ER nurses.
How bout 300 with squirt guns and pussy hats?

I'm going to be a fuckin billionaire here.

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope it’s good, I’ll go see it.

Oh and, id hit it

Rob H.

Reaction score
Maybe by the time she transgenders back to male and goes by James I’ll be woke enough to want to see it

Rob H.

Reaction score
how come diversity means appropriation of pre-existing white male characters? (like Ghostbusters.)

How about come up with your own ideas and heros and quit ripping off other ones in the guise of equality?

How come it's not 'cultural appropriation' when it's taken from White People? :laugh2:
Right? Why does it have to be 007? Why not 008? Up until this point each agent has their own number e.g. 006 from Goldeneye.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I have never found James Bond films to be anything other then meh for the most part.

The hype that goes with the movies , going back to when I was a kid 40 years ago, never lived up to the actual movie IMHO. Some EPIC scenes for sure. But the entire movie as a whole. . . .

Given that there have been 25 or 30 of the films there have been a few that were actually really good.
There have also been a few (more then a few) real stinkers.

I really don't give a rat's ass what they do with James Bond as don't give a shit about that particular character. It used to be funny to watch the outrage and butt hurt when this shit happened, but it's all old now.

I hate how Hollywood doesn't know how to create original characters.
Another example. Instead of Batman, we now have to watch a Lesbian Batwoman
It's not just important that its a Woman. It has to be a Lesbian Woman. That should really be her super hero name. Angry-Lesbian-Woman. Cause that's what it will be about.

This Hollywood character appropriation is nostalgia raping me.

I has an upset :mad:

jc2000

Reaction score
If she becomes the new Bond, this will be the last Bond film I ever see... not because she's black.. but because she's a woman.....

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
If she becomes the new Bond, this will be the last Bond film I ever see... not because she's black.. but because she's a woman.....
What's with all this binary gender assumption.

Perhaps He will be a Woman.

Bruce Jenner for Bond.