Bonamassa Megalomania?

darth550

Reaction score
Got an email today from Bonamassa saying to watch his Bona-Zeppelin rendition of a couple songs.

Bona-Zeppelin??? Are you kidding me? Now you're putting your self-important Bona stamp on Led Zeppelin???? Get over your pretentious Bona self!!! I like your playing, met you, seen you play a bunch of times and even bought one of your personal guitars. That said, I have also been trying like hell to justify not unsubscribing, but this is just too much. You may be a thing these days but your fricken' ego is out of control... send your mile-long pitchy emails selling your JB logo'd underwear to someone else, I'm done with you!

Attachments

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Got an email today from Bonamassa saying to watch his Bona-Zeppelin rendition of a couple songs...

Bona-Zeppelin??? Are you kidding me? Now you're putting your self-important "Stamp" on Led Zeppelin???? Get over your pretentious self!!! I like your playing, and have been trying like hell to justify not unsubscribing, but this is just too much. You may be a thing these days but your fricken' ego is out of control... send your mile-long pitchy emails selling your JB logo'd underwear to someone else, I'm done with you!
Tell us how you really feel! :p

I kind of sort of in a way possibly maybe get your point. Mr. Page has always been my #1. No one is ever going to do Zeppelin better imho.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
Got an email today from Bonamassa saying to watch his Bona-Zeppelin rendition of a couple songs...

Bona-Zeppelin??? Are you kidding me? Now you're putting your self-important Bona stamp on Led Zeppelin???? Get over your pretentious Bona self!!! I like your playing, met you, seen you play a bunch of times and even bought one of your personal guitars. That said, I have also been trying like hell to justify not unsubscribing, but this is just too much. You may be a thing these days but your fricken' ego is out of control... send your mile-long pitchy emails selling your JB logo'd underwear to someone else, I'm done with you!
Lol....

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
not really, no. :)

*Edit: I've seen him pop into threads and flame people too - my post was an open letter.

How's that? :D :D :D
JB posted an apology and good bye for good thread not too long ago. Don't know the details about the transgression.

I do not know Jimmy Page, but never recall him saying anything bad. For all I know he could be a great (relative to his position in guitar history) down to Earth guy.

darth550

Reaction score
JB posted an apology and good bye for good thread not too long ago. Don't know the details about the transgression.
IIRC, doesn't he own the other LP board? No wonder he left here over some Bona BS.

Yeah, he made one of those typical dramatic farewell posts but odds are, he probably still lurks though, '59's or not, they always do! :D :D :D

filtersweep

Reaction score

Dude: YOU are the one on his email list- not me. I don’t see the pretense. Dread Zeppelin wasn’t pretentious. Why is this?