Bonamassa Gold Top LP!

XKnight

Reaction score
I bought one of these and am waiting for it to arrive. So in the meantime here are some pics and a link to a great Youtube vid where Joe talks about the original LP that his inspired by Gold Top is based on. He mentions that the original was a 1955, but I'm thinking he meant to say 1957 unless the original had the P-90s swapped out and was routed for humbuckers.:hmm:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tHx97gmE90]YouTube - Guitar Center Sessions: Joe Bonamassa, Signature Gibson Les Paul[/ame]

marantz1300

Reaction score
Very nice.I've got some black pickup rings,poker chip and a 71 GT,just need the pickguard,grovers and speed knobs.

Red&Die

Reaction score
Love it, I would like to get one if I have chance...

HellRot

Reaction score
Wel.com to the JB GT Club. :)

He meant what he meant - it was 55 originally converted to 57 with rare painted black due to all the scratches, etc.

Enjoy!

gtrman1234

Reaction score
I have the BonaBurst and I have been wanting a Goldtop for a while.
I am Gasing for this one, but hopefully sometime next year.
Congrats on a great guitar. Looks amazing .. and I know it plays beautifully !

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Joe says the nylon saddles reduce some of the high-end frequencies...takes the edge off.

BB

LolloRnR

Reaction score
God I love those JB LP, i think gold tops looks way better with black plastics!

XKnight

Reaction score
Very nice.I've got some black pickup rings,poker chip and a 71 GT,just need the pickguard,grovers and speed knobs.
Your 71 LP GT is a beauty indeed. :dude: Love the Gibson embossed pickup covers.

WoodyTone

Reaction score
If i remember fright, he also says the nylon saddles equate the volumes of the three higher strings to the three lower ones. Be curious about your (op's) opinion of that once you have the geetar

XKnight

Reaction score
If i remember fright, he also says the nylon saddles equate the volumes of the three higher strings to the three lower ones. Be curious about your (op's) opinion of that once you have the geetar
The Bonamassa LP arrived today and I'm highly impressed. It's even better than I expected. Love the aged finish and the neck feels absolutely perfect. As for tone, it's the ballsiest LP I've ever played and I've played a lot of them. I don't know what magic fairy dust they sprinkle on these things, but it just works on all levels. :dude:

Here's a pic I took before the sun started going down.

gtrman1234

Reaction score
The Bonamassa LP arrived today and I'm highly impressed. It's even better than I expected.
That was my exact impression after I got mine !
You should be quite busy this weekend playing .....

Seven

Reaction score
Congrats! That is a sweet guitar...:shock:

marantz1300

Reaction score
I cant afford the real deal,but thanks to a PM this mourning (thanks HellRot),I started the transformation.I will get Grovers.Dont know where I'll find nylon saddles or wheather to fit a pickguard.
[

Bottleneck

Reaction score
The aging looks really sweet on your Bona GT. I love the cracks in the finish.
Is the back a Darkburst or is it actually finished in black?

Congrats!

XKnight

Reaction score
The aging looks really sweet on your Bona GT. I love the cracks in the finish.
Is the back a Darkburst or is it actually finished in black?

Congrats!
The back is painted black. After more research I found that this guitar is based on a 55 LP that Joe's dad had in his guitars shop. It had been beat up pretty well and I believe suffered a headstock break and the back was then painted black (neck and body) to hide the headstock repair.

Latest Threads