Bonamassa Black Beauty Review.. Great Axe!!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
One thing I like about JB is his support of Epi-I own 2 LPs a 2014 Epi Standard and a 2006 Gibson LP GT Love them both congrats:jb::jb::jb:!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
PS the Les Paul in my thumbnail is the Epiphone btw.

Phatal

Reaction score
Much appreciated! Your response to getting this guitar was the same as mine! I too purchased from the JB store, since everyone else was sold out or backordered. I also have a JB Gibson LP standard gold-top, one of my favorite guitars. I've learned that if Joe chooses to put his name on a guitar it's worth a look. This BB is no exception.

I do have a question, which I asked in another thread but no-one answered (not sure why). I won't re-write the whole thing. Here's a link to it Volume control question.
Basically I'm trying to figure out if mine is working as designed or not. Does your neck pu volume control cut out all guitar volume when turned to 0 when the toggle is down (set to treble)?

cain

Reaction score
My neck volume control has no effect on anything but the neck volume. Doesn’t effect middle or bridge settings. Could be a ragged wire accidentally touching something it shouldn’t on the switch or one of those small red, green, or white wires got hooked up wrong.

Blakem 2

Reaction score
Yes, if the selector is set to the treble pickup the neck wont be onFor the CDL right

right, it only works on the neck pickup, the bridge volume wirks on the middle and bridge pickup
Unlike a 2 pickup model with it in middle position, then bith volume knobs affect the output.

Nick-O

Reaction score
What all did you have the guitar plugged into, it really sounded great!
4:218 he says it a Mustang GT....no idea what amp that is, but is sounds fine.

cain

Reaction score
Thanks. I would have never guessed digital modeler. Great sound!

Blakem 2

Reaction score
I have to correct the video as well in the middle position the bridge volume knob only affects the middle pick up in the bridge tone knob only affects the middle pick up in the middle position

Phatal

Reaction score
My neck volume control has no effect on anything but the neck volume. Doesn’t effect middle or bridge settings. Could be a ragged wire accidentally touching something it shouldn’t on the switch or one of those small red, green, or white wires got hooked up wrong.
Thanks for the reply and confirming my suspicions. There's definitely a wiring error. I don't see anything obvious by looking so I'll be taking it to a local shop for diagnosis and repair. Much appreciated!

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice Mike! I was wondering why I saw you selling some stuff...now I know!

cerasgrgag

Reaction score
Better review in your video than professional channels and shops have done on this model. Never show off the middle position which is a unique feature.

Standard 64

Reaction score
Congrats!!!! Your demo was awesome. I can not get past the bright yellow binding.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and confirming my suspicions. There's definitely a wiring error. I don't see anything obvious by looking so I'll be taking it to a local shop for diagnosis and repair. Much appreciated!
The middle position is not the middle pickup alone... it is the middle and bridge, out of phase, so if you tap on both pickups, you should hear something.
The middle pickup is wired directly to the extra terminal on the switch, which connects it to the bridge pickup, which is in turn connected to the bridge volume.

So bridge volume and tone should be active in middle or bridge positions. The neck volume is not connected in the middle position.

LPC.jpg

Latest Threads