Boiling Strings

Roger G Lewis

Reaction score
My TSrings of Choice now are Tomastic Infeld, Plectrums running to 200kroner a set , thats 20 quid or 30 greenbacks. I made this video a couple of years back. Well worth doing for spares or indeed to make donations of old strings ( One mans old strings are another 's barely played in)
https://www.facebook.com/secondstringsproject

Darryl Purpose | “Second Strings Project”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxOrzKvlETU]Boiling Old Strings, Frugal Guitar Tip - YouTube[/ame]

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I boil the set of strings before the next customer gets tattooed every time. No exceptions.

circles

Reaction score
I have never boiled my strings to date, but would consider it.

cain61

Reaction score
Isn't that Bobby Elvis from Sons of Anarchy in the video?

NYC LP player

Reaction score
Recently I took the Plant Waves fret polishing clothes and fold one and pinched it while I ran it up and down the string. The string came out feeling new and clean but at a certain point the tarnished color is permanent.

Takes only seconds and you don't have to remove the string.

Roger G Lewis

Reaction score
Long time no see Roger. How goes it?
Very well thanks Comanche. Children went back to scholl today and Johanna has started her new job as head of Wind at Halmstad culture school. Head of wind is a job title to conjure with , but we are both really pleased its a fantastic gig and a great school. Looking forward to a busy Autumn I am building a garage workshop and studio. The workshop will be tooled for Guitar building and repair and the studio will be fun to build presently I do not have the room to use all my gear and I am looking forward to having a studio seperate from the house for those all nighters that happen now an again.
Hope things are good for you too,
Cheers
Roger

My Les Paul Classifieds