Bogners?

gilmourjunkie

Reaction score
Anyone have one? Not interested in the Uberwhatever... more interested in amps like Shiva, New Yorker, etc. I wont give up the SLO, but have been thinking about getting something else for a second amp and these look promising... especially on the used market.

xsouldriverx

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know someone with an uber and shiva and he loves them both immensely. Their ported 1x12 cubes are supposed to be one of the best on the market. I liked it so much that i got a cab modeled after it.

Shai`tan

Reaction score
" Their ported 1x12 cubes are supposed to be one of the best on the market".

I got a Bogner Cube 112 from Bruce Bennett. Awesome 112 cab.

Sky

Reaction score
I wish...I've been lusting over the Shiva for a very long time.

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got to play through an Ecstasy 101b half stack and I was blown away. I plan to get one very soon. I saw a used 101b half-stack in Toronto for $3500 but I had just bought my Roadster so I'm keeping my eyes open for another one to come up. It has a beautiful warm clean tone and stunning leads. It's easy to dial too.

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think those are the Line6/Bogners....not the same as the expensive Bogners. Malikon (fellow member) had or has one and I seem to remember him having trouble with it.

It looked pretty sharp but I guess there were problems.

gilmourjunkie

Reaction score
Man, this sounds insanely good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPbODZIGoKQ]Bogner New Yorker Amp with Fender John Mayer Stratocaster and MXR Carbon Copy - YouTube[/ame]

tennisplayer

Reaction score
I own 3 Bogners. The 100, the 101, and the new 20 th Anniversary. They are all nothing short of amazing.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
Ecstasy 101B for me. Great amp and love it, paired with a Bogner slant 4x12 w/V30's.

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ecstasy 101B for me. Great amp and love it, paired with a Bogner slant 4x12 w/V30's.

Ya!!! Now that's the one. It's a killer rig and I won't feel complete until I own one.

You have fine taste in amps sir.

tennisplayer

Reaction score
To me....they are the best sounding amps ever made. Love the Shiva and all the XTC models.

randelli

Reaction score
I had a Bogner once, right in the middle of freshman algebra, and I was called up to demonstrate a problem on the chalkboard. Everyone laughed except for the girl I was daydreaming about.

That New Yorker sounds really fantastic!

kam4ff

Reaction score
My next amp will be a bogner. An uberschall but the shiva is a great hot rodded jcm800 sound where as the uber was made to compete against the Mesa recs.

chef

Reaction score
I think the Alchemists were the ones with problems. GC was blowing them out for $499 in a 2x12 a while ago (I think down from $999). Didn't really care for the amp too much, but it was certainly loud.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
I think the Alchemists were the ones with problems. GC was blowing them out for $499 in a 2x12 a while ago (I think down from $999). Didn't really care for the amp too much, but it was certainly loud.
Those really are not Bogners. It's is a Rienholt Bogner collaboration with I believe Line 6. Bogner didn't build them and they are not made here in the States like the real Bogners.

Syn

Reaction score
The Alchemist is a MIC amp but it isn't the Line 6/Bogner amp that has a bad rep, that was a whole different amp, the Spider Valve I think it was called.
I have owned an Alchemist for just over 2 years and haven't had one issue with it. Sounds great and has some great features. I'm not crazy about the circuit board mounted tube sockets, but again these haven't created any issues over the last 30 months or so...

stephenwz968

Reaction score
I had an alchemist that I was ho hum about (but didn't have any issues with it, quality wise), and currently have a Shiva (EL34/reverb) with a ported 1 x 12 Bogner cab, and it's a lifetime rig. The cleans are amazingly chimey and warm, the overdrive is very marshally without being too trebley and the reverb is amazing. Definitely worth checking out!

iamjoe

Reaction score
I just got a 20th Anniversary Kt88 Shiva and I absolutely love it. Clean channel and reverb are best I have ever played. The second gain mode is my favorite as I am into aggressive metal. I got mine from Brett ( Eddies Guitars )

Latest Threads