Bogner La Grange - opinions

Maestro Fuzz

Reaction score
Yeah I know. Another MIAB thread...but I just cant make a decision. This pedal sounds the closest to me for that vintage plexi sound (slp 100). Need your opinions and expirience with this pedal. Thank you!

BanditPanda

Reaction score
For which applications do you need the MIAB? Recording, basement playing, gigs?Buying new or used.?
That pedal costs USD250. New. Look at the toggles and knobs on that thing! Do you have a pilots license.? Do you really want to be fiddlin' with those controls looking for one sound that you like? I would say all those knobs rules out live situations unless you don't mind getting down on your hands and knees to adjust your tone for every song you play.
You did research other threads in the Forum for this very subject matter and other members recommendations?
The JHS Charlie Brown = USD199.
The Ramble FX Marvel Drive = USD180
Carl Martin Plexitone = USD200 - 300
Mooer Blues Crab = USD88
LaGrange = USD250
Aura Brown Sugar = USD200
With the exception of the LaGrange I own or have owned those pedals.
The one that makes me happiest is the Ramble FX Marvel Drive.
We can't decide for you. They're your ears and for your application.
BP
p.s. The Ramble and the Blues Crab are both on my board.

Maestro Fuzz

Reaction score
For which applications do you need the MIAB? Recording, basement playing, gigs?Buying new or used.?
That pedal costs USD250. New. Look at the toggles and knobs on that thing! Do you have a pilots license.? Do you really want to be fiddlin' with those controls looking for one sound that you like? I would say all those knobs rules out live situations unless you don't mind getting down on your hands and knees to adjust your tone for every song you play.
You did research other threads in the Forum for this very subject matter and other members recommendations?
The JHS Charlie Brown = USD199.
The Ramble FX Marvel Drive = USD180
Carl Martin Plexitone = USD200 - 300
Mooer Blues Crab = USD88
LaGrange = USD250
Aura Brown Sugar = USD200
With the exception of the LaGrange I own or have owned those pedals.
The one that makes me happiest is the Ramble FX Marvel Drive.
We can't decide for you. They're your ears and for your application.
BP
p.s. The Ramble and the Blues Crab are both on my board.
Thank you for your reply. I would probably use it for small clubs situation. I own pedals that cost a lot more so the price isnt an important factor. But to my ears the La Grange is the closest to a plexi in my head

bridger

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Bought one, it broke within 5 minutes. Exchanged it for another one.....lasted about 2 hours before it cut out. Super unreliable. I'm done with Bogner.
Your results may differ.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Bought one, it broke within 5 minutes. Exchanged it for another one.....lasted about 2 hours before it cut out. Super unreliable. I'm done with Bogner.
Your results may differ.
Don’t blame Bogner. They don’t make the Pedals, Boutique Amp Distribution make them (same people who make Friedman Amps etc.).

I know Bogner have their name on it & have to sort the issues out & if they made the Pedals they wouldn’t fail.

This must have been a bad Batch because I have an Ecstasy Blue & La Grange but have had zero issues.

:cheers2:

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Don’t blame Bogner. They don’t make the Pedals, Boutique Amp Distribution make them (same people who make Friedman Amps etc.).

I know Bogner have their name on it & have to sort the issues out & if they made the Pedals they wouldn’t fail.

This must have been a bad Batch because I have an Ecstasy Blue & La Grange but have had zero issues.

:cheers2:
These days it can be difficult and if not a secret to know who makes what so if the pedal says Bogner it's a Bogner and they wear it for better and worse. Bogner will get the praise for their good shaite and should also get the shaite for their shaite.
BP

jbash

Reaction score
Had a blue no issue- have a LaGrange, no issues.

They are both easy to dial in great tones. Though it may take some fiddling to find "your" sound. I have owned a lot of the high end MIAB pedals and IME Bogner is at the very top, and better than most other "hyped" new flavor of the month MIAB pedals..