Bogner Ecstasy 101A?

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi all, a 2020 Bogner Ecstasy 101A popped up on my local Craigslist. I don't know anything about it really; what's the 101A version? From some searching it looks like it has 6L6 power tubes, but what other changes are there from the 101B or the anniversary edition? Anyone know about these amps? My limited knowledge of Bogners in general is that there are massive differences between one version and the next (like with the Shiva), and it's not apparent from the model name.

Thanks!

JavierStokes

Reaction score
I own an Uberschall 120w head. I’ve never played the ecstasy, but I have played the shiva and it’s not at all comparable to the Uberschall (as you suggested).

That said- fwiw the Uberschall is the best high gain amp I’ve ever played. Even at extreme gain levels the sound maintains definition, you can play full chords and it doesn’t sound muddy at all. I don’t know if the ecstasy is directly comparable, but the Uberschall and shiva are (or were,
I got mine in 05) seriously high quality products. I’m sure ecstasy is as well.

Big John

my cat, my bitch
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A friend had a 101A back when I had my 101B. Both were white chassis heads from the early 90's. They sounded identical until we cranked the shit out of them. But even at that volume, the differences were subtle. I think the newer 101's have a bit more compression going on. But in reality, they all sound great.

Latest Threads