Bluetooth Headphones and Playing Through A DAW

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Hey there, cheers to all. I'm thinking about getting a set of over-ear headphones for playing at home. Yes I have a decent pair of in-ear monitors, but I don't want to use them all the time and like the idea of some cans for home practice.

I'm leaning towards a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M20x based on price and reviews. However, I was also thinking some Bluetooth headphones would be handy for playing (no cables).

Is Bluetooth fast enough for playing through a DAW, like GarageBand? Or would I expect lagging?

tzd

Reaction score
I can't directly answer your question regarding bluetooth latency, but I thought I'd share with you this product that has been on my radar for a while:

I don't know how well it works, but it is the only product out there I found that can switch between being a Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver.

If latency is good on this device, you can use it to EITHER play backing tracks from your iPhone to your speaker without wires, OR hook your computer/modeler output to an existing pair of AirPods or bluetooth headphones.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I can't directly answer your question regarding bluetooth latency, but I thought I'd share with you this product that has been on my radar for a while:

I don't know how well it works, but it is the only product out there I found that can switch between being a Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver.

If latency is good on this device, you can use it to EITHER play backing tracks from your iPhone to your speaker without wires, OR hook your computer/modeler output to an existing pair of AirPods or bluetooth headphones.
Yeah, I don't think the tech is there yet. I can't think of a Bluetooth device that doesn't lag a bit.