Blueberry picking: NGD she just arrived

C Squared

Reaction score
So the Blueberry Trad Pro V went on "sale" back to the original price
None in stock at any of the local GC stores so had to order one.

A little scared as I've seen these range from a subtle purple rim burst to the top and bottom being different colors.

Fingers crossed. Should be here Friday

Pics posted for reference.

Pancreas

Reaction score
Good luck man! Personally, I avoid GC like the plague. But sometimes their options are tempting....

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bottle caps?
Sorry.... you lost me
There was an old thread were this guy decided to relic his brand new blue berry Standard with a bottle cap.... he scrubbed all over the top with a cheese grater type effort..... it was horrendous.

But he was absolutely proud of it.

It was very funny.... and sad.

mudface

Boo Bee
Reaction score
I wish I had saved a copy of the video. He deleted it and disappeared.

It was brutal to watch.
Yup.... never saw that guy again.... I don’t know if he jumped out a window or what.... I never got a chance to save it either.

C Squared

Reaction score
For those saying congrats, guessing you didn't read a word :rofl:

Ordered it and waiting on it

Posted the pics to showcase anything goes as far as color or burst pattern on these

But thanks in advance :thumb:

Andrew1225

Reaction score
There was an old thread were this guy decided to relic his brand new blue berry Standard with a bottle cap.... he scrubbed all over the top with a cheese grater type effort..... it was horrendous.

But he was absolutely proud of it.

It was very funny.... and sad.
I’m dying to see this thread

InTheEvening

Reaction score
I was really tempted to get one on sale. It was one of the best playing LPs in the store and those switch options were fun.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
If your on the fence about a Trad Pro V, get it! I have a 2019 Wine Red Satin one. People complained to no end about the 2019 LP Standard dip switches, but the HP circuit/dip switches and all the push/pull pots make for a very versatile guitar. Pair that with an asymmetrical neck with a compound radius and you actually have what some people want- a modern Les Paul. I love my 60s model but this is great too. Only complaint I have on mine is that the finish is super fragile. Also, the truss rod cover font stinks, I replaced mine with a blank one.

C Squared

Reaction score
If your on the fence about a Trad Pro V, get it! I have a 2019 Wine Red Satin one. People complained to no end about the 2019 LP Standard dip switches, but the HP circuit/dip switches and all the push/pull pots make for a very versatile guitar. Pair that with an asymmetrical neck with a compound radius and you actually have what some people want- a modern Les Paul. I love my 60s model but this is great too. Only complaint I have on mine is that the finish is super fragile. Also, the truss rod cover font stinks, I replaced mine with a blank one.
I picked up a hog top pro V a while back and without a doubt the best playing guitar I've ever touched. Absolutely love the neck.
Only thing I'm on the fence about is I have no idea what she'll look like on arrival. Some of the blueberry guitars are Absolutely Gorgeous and others look like they were created in modern art class 101.

mudface

Boo Bee
Reaction score
Is it this?

Yup....that was it.....but the You-Tube vid was deleted before anyone could save it.

Reading it again does bring back the mental pictures.

Last edited:

C Squared

Reaction score
Are you talking the $2599 price?
Yes.
I know a lot of people balk at that price when the satin finishes are regularly seen for around 1600.
I don't see this as a Trad Pro V but as a 2016-2019 Standard with some personal preferences. Weight relieved vs chambered. HP harness which is actually awesome with the Tradbuckers vs BBs.

I gutted my other Trad Pro as I had plans for it from the beginning. This one I will leave stock as I do think the pickups are great and the harness offers up a ton of great usable options.

mjross

Reaction score
I picked up a hog top pro V a while back and without a doubt the best playing guitar I've ever touched. Absolutely love the neck.
Only thing I'm on the fence about is I have no idea what she'll look like on arrival. Some of the blueberry guitars are Absolutely Gorgeous and others look like they were created in modern art class 101.
Hear that! I’ve seen some that are amazing and I’ve seen some no so amazing. Hope you get a good one!

Latest Threads