Blueberry burst

Spazeack

Reaction score
I was looking for a Blueberry burst trad pro v for my first real Les Paul. I was totally in love with the Blueberry Burst finish. Unfortunately it appears to be extremely difficult to find. After my sales guy at my local GC found a few like 5 total available. After calling those locations only 1 store said they had one and it was good. All the others had broken head stocks and were repaired. He had it shipped to the store and it was beautiful. Only problem was it had a repaired headstock to. I ended up settling for the cherry burst. They had a few left in the warehouse unopened.
Is the Blueberry burst just not that popular? I don’t even see it as an available finish on any of the 21 models this year. I hate to say I settled for the cherry burst because it has a amazing top on it. I am very happy with it. But man I just love that Blueberry burst and can’t shake it out of head.
Thanks!

peobryant

Reaction score
I think Blueberry Burst is a fantastic finish as well, I have no idea how popular they are/were but I'd definitely like to have one someday, too.

speyfly

Reaction score
I was looking for a Blueberry burst trad pro v for my first real Les Paul. I was totally in love with the Blueberry Burst finish. Unfortunately it appears to be extremely difficult to find. After my sales guy at my local GC found a few like 5 total available. After calling those locations only 1 store said they had one and it was good. All the others had broken head stocks and were repaired. He had it shipped to the store and it was beautiful. Only problem was it had a repaired headstock to. I ended up settling for the cherry burst. They had a few left in the warehouse unopened.
Is the Blueberry burst just not that popular? I don’t even see it as an available finish on any of the 21 models this year. I hate to say I settled for the cherry burst because it has a amazing top on it. I am very happy with it. But man I just love that Blueberry burst and can’t shake it out of head.
Thanks!

HI, there is one listed here in Portland on CL. Hope this helps you out brother!

metalmike222

Reaction score
I picked one up the 1st week of January and even then the guy at Guitar Center said that there were only about 20 left. I could definitely be wrong, but my understanding is that the Blueberry Burst is a GC only finish and was never intended to run for more than a few years.
I really love mine and think it's a gorgeous finish. I hope you can eventually get your hands on one.

Last edited:

DaveSG

Reaction score
So, 5 out of 5 that GC had, had broken/repaired headstocks? That is incredible.

Keep looking! You'll find one - need something to compliment the Cherryburst! There are a few on reverb it looks like.

E.T.

Reaction score
Buy the one in Portland- that mystery bag in the listing could be anything!! :p
It does look like it has a neck twist, though.

JesseXGibson

Reaction score
If it helps any, my girlfriend calls it the "Disney burst" because she thinks that would be a guitar a Disney princess or a barbie would use. Don't get me wrong I like that finish too, but I can't look at it the same way anymore lol

Spazeack

Reaction score
Yes all the Blueberry burst guitars they had left in the system were “in store “. They had no more left in the warehouse. I can’t even imagine if I had ordered it from the website and been shipped one of those head stock repaired guitars.
Yes the Trad Pro V model is a GC exclusive and only available in the 2 finishes. I will have to keep my eye out for sure. Price’s are just so high right now on the used market . I must say I got a decent deal on it since it was such a cluster of a process getting it. I was lucky the salesman I was dealing with was good and persistent trying to track it down. It took almost a month to finally get the Cherry burst.

Gitter

Reaction score

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I think they look amazing. Never actually seen one IRL, though.... only online pics.

E.T.

Reaction score
Regarding the twist, I read the other day that Gibsons suffer from "truss rod twist", whereby the nut on the rod binds to the "D" washer and as the torsion put on the rod slowly settles it twists the neck. Usually in the opposite direction (CCW) from the one in the listing, apparently. Not sure if this is BS or not as I've only read it in one place.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I had one back in 2017 when they first came out, love the finish. I ended up selling it when I got my Custom, because I no longer played it. Now I have a Blueberry Fade which is a Sweetwater Exclusive color for the Les Paul Modern. It kind of reminds me of a Shark Attack when the blood comes to the surface of the clear blue ocean.

lpmodernshark2.jpg

Matthewriot

Reaction score
Just posted pics of two diff blueberry bursts (only one is a real gibson) and the blueberry fade (sg modern) - they’re all super stunning in person. My next goal is to get the 335 and have a trio

Wagster

Reaction score
So, 5 out of 5 that GC had, had broken/repaired headstocks? That is incredible.

LOL! So when I saw this I thought about Steve Martin yelling "He hates these cans!" in "The Jerk" and then picturing the jerk at GC yelling "He hates these headstocks!" as the blueberrys are being thrashed about. LOL!

I guess I coulda just kept these thoughts to myself and not interrupted the thread... but ...where's the fun in that? lol
( I bet that wouldn't have been the first time thats been said in a GC...lol )

Matthewriot

Reaction score
I had one back in 2017 when they first came out, love the finish. I ended up selling it when I got my Custom, because I no longer played it. Now I have a Blueberry Fade which is a Sweetwater Exclusive color for the Les Paul Modern. It kind of reminds me of a Shark Attack when the blood comes to the surface of the clear blue ocean.

View attachment 529438
I am really enamored with the finish on this specific Les Paul - is it something you still have?

Latest Threads