bling turns 30 this year. (reflections)

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
Well there ya go Bingo old chap..
Listen to what people have insinuated re poor old Becky, taking you to the cleaners and are you ready for it etc. :laugh2: ( Insult to her indeed ).

I'll tell you one thing straight my man.. Listen to some peoples advice in here and you will never find the Bling you are looking for.
You will remain frozen in adolescent land until it's too late.

Can't you see that's exactly how they are and they don't want you to change.
I had it myself when Sylvia and I got married. A bunch of guys I hung around with didn't like it one bit, simply because they didn't want the boys will have fun era to come to end.

Yes of course relationships flourish and flounder, but if you go in with that attitude you are doomed from the outset.

A relationship is not about staring into eachothers eyes all google eyed.
That's infatuation. A relationship is about going forward side by side together taking whatever shit is thrown at you on the way.
Now throw away all that 13 year old 'Would Bling like a new hat' crap, and stop listening to what you want to hear from people , rather than what you need to hear.

All that third person.. Would Bling like this and that stuff is merely an escape from reality where it's almost as if you weren't talking about yourself which is an easy let out.

As I said before , concentrate on the people round you that do take time for you and not some bitter guy sitting at a computer with a copy of Playboy on his lap.:laugh2:
The first question you should be asking yourself is why are some of these people so bitter.

Yeah I've been there done that.. Divorce and all and it made me grow up fairly quickly believe me. I've been a prick in my life, but I think 30 is the time to stand aside and take the bull by the horns.
You'll probably not respond to this post, simply because it's not really what you want to hear which is fair enough.

You are a nice if not somewhat lost soul and if I didn't think you were worthwhile I wouldn't bothered writing this believe me.

Why don't you two haul your Yankee arses over to the Bridport meet in the UK in May for a short holiday together . You'll have a whale of a time and us Brits will soon sort you out.:laugh2:

Anyway I have reached Gramps status now and I'm glad all that's behind me, so my wife and I can enjoy our new grandson , and hand him back when he gets too much..

The old silverback in Dorset..:dude:

Great post Phil, I'd hug you if I could....Unfortunately I won't be seeing you in May...SSL doesn't do airplanes...you'd have to knock me out cold and drag me onto a plane lol. :laugh2:

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
There is a lot more to it then what I could type here.

and I apologies if it sounds like I am insulting you SSL am I am not. I trying to tell both you and bling what it takes to make a marriage to work it's called a lot of give and take and other things

Excuse me for being truthful, but sometime the truth hurts I know I've been hurt many times by the truth. Just ask a lot people on this forum like Thermionik and others who have been through the previous marriages what it did to them not only money wise, but emotional.

I know your though are that you (ssl) will probably not do some of the stuff as other, but I can tell you can not predict a lot things.

It takes a lot to insult and make SSL mad...and you have done both, yet again.

WTF dude? Being truthful? Who are you really to presume that you know what kind of person I am or that I would stoop so low as to only marry Bling so I can take his shit. I am a woman who doesn't even want a goddamn diamond ring as an engagement ring. I am not a materialsitc person and neither is Bling. I'm sorry if somebody burned you but it gives you no right to go around spouting this bullshit to a perfectly happy, loving couple. Neither Bling or I have ever done anything to warrant these kind of hateful responses.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Great post Phil, I'd hug you if I could....Unfortunately I won't be seeing you in May...SSL doesn't do airplanes...you'd have to knock me out cold and drag me onto a plane lol. :laugh2:

OK boat then..:laugh2:
My wife was terrified the first time we flew to the States as that was her first time flying. But about ten minutes after take off she was fine and has been fine ever since... It's safer than driving.

You should go on one of those aircraft phobia classes, they are supposed to be great.
I obviously realize that's it's all fine and well telling people not to be scared but if you have a phobia it aint funny.. I'm terrified of hospitals and needles.
Reaching my age without ever being in hospital or even having a blood test makes me slightly nervous to say the least , as I know one day I probably will. But I'll have to face that fear when it arrives.:shock:
Well if you can overcome it gal there's a whole big world out there waiting for you.
The only way is to face it, and perhaps just go for a short 15 min flight in a small plane locally. Sitting next to the pilot calms you down no end simply because you can see and talk to who's flying the thing.
I've been over the Atlantic many times to the States and I can assure you it's really smooth.

I actually flew a Cessna for an hour once.. Yep me at the controls believe it or not and I flew it over my house and down to the coast ..It was easier than driving a car..:laugh2:

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It takes a lot to insult and make SSL mad...and you have done both, yet again.

WTF dude? Being truthful? Who are you really to presume that you know what kind of person I am or that I would stoop so low as to only marry Bling so I can take his shit. I am a woman who doesn't even want a goddamn diamond ring as an engagement ring. I am not a materialsitc person and neither is Bling. I'm sorry if somebody burned you but it gives you no right to go around spouting this bullshit to a perfectly happy, loving couple. Neither Bling or I have ever done anything to warrant these kind of hateful responses.

Well I am sorry you feel that way. I was not even referring to you as women who marry someones that takes advantage of men like Bling and myself.

and when I talk about giving up things that was in reference on what you two will be doing when you do get married, Aka kids and what not.

Beside which my rushing comment was a comment make sure that he (bling) thinks things out before rushing into something like marriage, career changes and all that other stuff. That come with getting older.

I also wasn't tell him not marry you SSL. I think it was wonderful he found a women like you who supports him and wants to be with him and be his rock. I wish we all could our true love there would less hate and less divorces going on around the world

So I again Apologies for giving some warranted advice I was trying to attack anyone.

I am done with this.

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
OK boat then..:laugh2:
My wife was terrified the first time we flew to the States as that was her first time flying. But about ten minutes after take off she was fine and has been fine ever since... It's safer than driving.

You should go on one of those aircraft phobia classes, they are supposed to be great.
I obviously realize that's it's all fine and well telling people not to be scared but if you have a phobia it aint funny.. I'm terrified of hospitals and needles.
Reaching my age without ever being in hospital or even having a blood test makes me slightly nervous to say the least , as I know one day I probably will. But I'll have to face that fear when it arrives.:shock:
Well if you can overcome it gal there's a whole big world out there waiting for you.
The only way is to face it, and perhaps just go for a short 15 min flight in a small plane locally. Sitting next to the pilot calms you down no end simply because you can see and talk to who's flying the thing.
I've been over the Atlantic many times to the States and I can assure you it's really smooth.

I actually flew a Cessna for an hour once.. Yep me at the controls believe it or not and I flew it over my house and down to the coast ..It was easier than driving a car..:laugh2:

I HAVE flown before lol...twice actually..technically 4 times, 2 trips to and from, once to Florida and once to the Bahamas. Each time was horrifying and I felt like I was going to claw the walls to get out, while trying to keep my cool. I have an extreme phobia of heights, and while logically I know it's safer than driving and yada yada...it's up high, you have no control and when things DO go wrong, they go wrong in a big way and you most likely won't make it out...I just can't explain it, it's just a thing.

I am sort of a homebody too, I honestly don't have much desire to travel, I prefer to stay home and have people visit me instead. :wave:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I HAVE flown before lol...twice actually..technically 4 times, 2 trips to and from, once to Florida and once to the Bahamas. Each time was horrifying and I felt like I was going to claw the walls to get out, while trying to keep my cool. I have an extreme phobia of heights, and while logically I know it's safer than driving and yada yada...it's up high, you have no control and when things DO go wrong, they go wrong in a big way and you most likely won't make it out...I just can't explain it, it's just a thing.

I am sort of a homebody too, I honestly don't have much desire to travel, I prefer to stay home and have people visit me instead. :wave:

Nothing wrong with being a homebody if that's what you prefer.
Personally these days I'd rather stay at home than visit a local town. I really am not a fan of crowded places anymore, which is strange seeing as I came from one of the largest cities in the world.
I think living in the countryside has changed me over the years and now if I ever go to London, I just can't wait to get back to the leafey lanes of west Dorset and the peace and tranquility.
With re flying though, nothing rarely happens to a plane at max alltitude and even if both engines failed which would be highly unlikely, you'd have quite a long gliding time to do a dead stick approach to the nearest airport.
Most serious air crashes happen on take off and landing ( Near the ground ). :laugh2:

Anyway, should you ever change your mind, you know there will always be a warm welcome to both of you from us Brits should you ever decide to visit our small Island. :)

P.S. My daughter keeps her horses in nearbye pastures and if you ever came I'm sure she'd take you riding.

It scares the crap out of me seeing her come thundering up the hill at full tilt on a big black hunter called 'Midnight'. I wouldn't even get on the bloody thing let alone gallop on it.

Always reminds me of this song seeing her at full gallop. Luckily she's been riding ever since she was eight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnL8CcPyxCA[/ame]

Horses1.jpg

Latest Threads