bling turns 30 this year. (reflections)

Luckynumber3

Reaction score
I know that I am a completely different person than I was 5 years ago- I have always been more mature than most people at my age, but now I'm guessing that I will look back here in another 5 years and go "dang, that was stupid" or "wow, I didn't know anything then."

meandryangrad.jpg
'Bling looks so serious there. Given his attitude on here, I can only imagine him running around after the picture and goofing off somehow. In fact, im suprised theres no lasers coming out of his eyes in this pic like the others!:lol:

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
I know that I am a completely different person than I was 5 years ago- I have always been more mature than most people at my age, but now I'm guessing that I will look back here in another 5 years and go "dang, that was stupid" or "wow, I didn't know anything then."

'Bling looks so serious there. Given his attitude on here, I can only imagine him running around after the picture and goofing off somehow. In fact, im suprised theres no lasers coming out of his eyes in this pic like the others!:lol:

This was my graduation from nursing school...no goofing or laser eyes allowed!

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
Damn.....
Those
graduate
nurses sure
are hot looking.

For a moment I thought "why has the nurse allowed the crazy patient to get so familiar".

Then I noticed there were four eyes filled with love-light shining..... sweet, sweet picture.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Bling turning 30 this year.
Blake turning 30 this year.

Bling dating a nurse.
Blake married to a soon-to-be-nurse.

Bling a sexy beast.
Blake a sexy beast.

Bling = 5 letters.
Blake = 5 letters.

Mind officially blown. We should never meet, lest the universe explode.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Words of wisdom from old fart to Bling.

'Now is the time to worry and take other people into consideration other than 'Bling'.
Only then will Bling find the man he so desperately seeks '.

So say Confucious of the shire.. And boy should I know.. I f*cked up plenty in my time. :laugh2:

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't rush into anything to quickly, but make sure it is the right choice that you won't regret down the road.

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
Don't rush into anything to quickly, but make sure it is the right choice that you won't regret down the road.

I don't think being together for over 5 years is rushing into anything. You aren't helping my cause, bro.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just want to make sure that he is ready to give up half of everything cause that's what likely going to happen.

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
Oh it seems like just yesterday I turned thirty, Bling. Don't rush it or get in to a big hurry. After thirty the years will start to pass like days and then you'll be posting a " WOW Bling gonna be hitting 50 next month" thread. Things start to sag after thirty and your memory will slip on you and you'll stay ticked off about something or another. Just look at me. Saggin, brain dead and grumpy all the f*cking time. Thats why they came out with that Viagry too.................Enjoy your Birthday Bling

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Well there ya go Bingo old chap..
Listen to what people have insinuated re poor old Becky, taking you to the cleaners and are you ready for it etc. :laugh2: ( Insult to her indeed ).

I'll tell you one thing straight my man.. Listen to some peoples advice in here and you will never find the Bling you are looking for.
You will remain frozen in adolescent land until it's too late.

Can't you see that's exactly how they are and they don't want you to change.
I had it myself when Sylvia and I got married. A bunch of guys I hung around with didn't like it one bit, simply because they didn't want the boys will have fun era to come to end.

Yes of course relationships flourish and flounder, but if you go in with that attitude you are doomed from the outset.

A relationship is not about staring into eachothers eyes all google eyed.
That's infatuation. A relationship is about going forward side by side together taking whatever shit is thrown at you on the way.
Now throw away all that 13 year old 'Would Bling like a new hat' crap, and stop listening to what you want to hear from people , rather than what you need to hear.

All that third person.. Would Bling like this and that stuff is merely an escape from reality where it's almost as if you weren't talking about yourself which is an easy let out.

As I said before , concentrate on the people round you that do take time for you and not some bitter guy sitting at a computer with a copy of Playboy on his lap.:laugh2:
The first question you should be asking yourself is why are some of these people so bitter.

Yeah I've been there done that.. Divorce and all and it made me grow up fairly quickly believe me. I've been a prick in my life, but I think 30 is the time to stand aside and take the bull by the horns.
You'll probably not respond to this post, simply because it's not really what you want to hear which is fair enough.

You are a nice if not somewhat lost soul and if I didn't think you were worthwhile I wouldn't bothered writing this believe me.

Why don't you two haul your Yankee arses over to the Bridport meet in the UK in May for a short holiday together . You'll have a whale of a time and us Brits will soon sort you out.:laugh2:

Anyway I have reached Gramps status now and I'm glad all that's behind me, so my wife and I can enjoy our new grandson , and hand him back when he gets too much..

The old silverback in Dorset..:dude:

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
phil-Well there ya go Bingo old chap..
Listen to what people have insinuated re poor old Becky, taking you to the cleaners and are you ready for it etc. :laugh2: ( Insult to her indeed ).

me- It was an insult to me for the fact that they insulted her, when she is insulted, i am insulted. I will try to chalk it up to the possibility they had a bad day, were feeling rough, and ended up spouting off random negative comments. if it happens repeatedly, id have to confront them on it. i am very laid back on all matters but one, the love of my life. if you mess with her, you mess with me.

phil- I'll tell you one thing straight my man.. Listen to some peoples advice in here and you will never find the Bling you are looking for.
You will remain frozen in adolescent land until it's too late.

me- I understand where you are coming from phil. You have a vantage point much higher than mine. Your about twice my age so you have double the experience and wisdom that I do so I really have no business challenging you view points, but of course me being the jackass that i am, i will from time to time lol.

phil- Can't you see that's exactly how they are and they don't want you to change.
I had it myself when Sylvia and I got married. A bunch of guys I hung around with didn't like it one bit, simply because they didn't want the boys will have fun era to come to end.

me-I have changed a lot in the past 2 years alone, everyone changes, we change moment to moment. I will not be the same person I was before I posted this after im done posting, because I had various thoughts while posting it, thus setting who i am askew just a hair from what it was before. i dont mind change, but at the same time i fear it. i am a creature of habit, i dont like to get out of my comfort zone. thats pretty obvious.

phil- Yes of course relationships flourish and flounder, but if you go in with that attitude you are doomed from the outset.

me- indeed, nothing is steady all the time, relationships consist of both times of joy as well as hardships. that is life in general from what im starting to gather.

phil- A relationship is not about staring into eachothers eyes all google eyed.
That's infatuation. A relationship is about going forward side by side together taking whatever shit is thrown at you on the way.
Now throw away all that 13 year old 'Would Bling like a new hat' crap, and stop listening to what you want to hear from people , rather than what you need to hear.

me-goggled eyed, i got a vision of two people with google.com eyes. ha, i bet your shaking your head at that one.

hahaha.... honey come here, let me look into your eyes i need to look up a recipe! :laugh2:

yes, a relationship should be a partnership, a friendship, a romance, a lot more than just gong forward side by side, your right.

as far as the adolescence minded nonsense, thats only one side of me phil, i often wonder just how people "see" me here at mlp. the fact that i dont care a tremendous amount of what people think of me as a result of what i say and do creates the possibility for folks to see various sides of me, so various opinion are formed... so from time to time think to myself out of curiousness, i wonder if they think of me? do they think im crazy? then i ask becky if she thinks that they think im crazy. then i say, maybe i am crazy!

i actually have a very serious side to me phil. i work in health care (night shift in the emergency room) and see a lot of trauma, it does a lot to ones mind. if you can imagine it, i have seen it, up close and personal, and then some. perhaps the silly side i often show here is a way for me to escape from the stress. ... maybe, maybe not.

but yes, i do have a serious side, becky can tell you that. she can also tell you that i can at time, in person act just like how i often post here... :laugh2:

phil- All that third person.. Would Bling like this and that stuff is merely an escape from reality where it's almost as if you weren't talking about yourself which is an easy let out.

yes, possibly an escape from reality, as stated above.

phil- As I said before , concentrate on the people round you that do take time for you and not some bitter guy sitting at a computer with a copy of Playboy on his lap.:laugh2:
The first question you should be asking yourself is why are some of these people so bitter.

me- people are bitter because they are hurting in some way shape or fashion... i wish them the best and hope they they find what is missing in their lives.

phil- Yeah I've been there done that.. Divorce and all and it made me grow up fairly quickly believe me. I've been a prick in my life, but I think 30 is the time to stand aside and take the bull by the horns.
You'll probably not respond to this post, simply because it's not really what you want to hear which is fair enough.

me- i have a lot of catching up to do, but i think ill be able to figure it out one way or another. but yes your right, by 30 you should be considering a lot more than what new hat to buy lol. and as far as not responding, i know in the past you would often give me a lot advice, but i would never respond. i want you to know that i have always read your posts and responses to mine, as well as everyone's. at that point in time though i was in a state of disarray, i wont go into details as you already know them. but thank you for always showing interest in me phil. it means a lot.

phil- You are a nice if not somewhat lost soul and if I didn't think you were worthwhile I wouldn't bothered writing this believe me.

me- thanks phil, i think your nice too =)

phil- Why don't you two haul your Yankee arses over to the Bridport meet in the UK in May for a short holiday together . You'll have a whale of a time and us Brits will soon sort you out.:laugh2:

me- can i take every ones piss?

phil-Anyway I have reached Gramps status now and I'm glad all that's behind me, so my wife and I can enjoy our new grandson , and hand him back when he gets too much..

me- grandpa phil, that has a nice ring to it =)

phil- The old silverback in Dorset..:dude:

me- thank you phil =)

-bling

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
I would also encourage you to go with your heart.

I am twice your age, have two divorces, was taken to the cleaners both times, have been with my current lady 24 years (three times as long as both marriages put together), have asked my current lady to marry me several times and been turned down. I also ignored 90% of the advice I was given back in the day. It's what we do.

So I also know that no matter WHAT experience I impart to you - you can and will only learn by trying stuff yourself. Never forget - us old farts were 30 once too, we HAVE been there, done that and worn the crap T-shirts..... so best ignore us, innit!

So my advice - ignored previously (like I give a damn!) - is drop the 3rd person bull, go with your heart - and ignore advice from the kinda weirdos yah find frequenting geetar fora. (especially regarding geetars).

And tell Becky I think she is cute-hot :wave:

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Excuse me? Who exactly are you to judge me that way? I don't think I've ever been so insulted.

There is a lot more to it then what I could type here.

and I apologies if it sounds like I am insulting you SSL am I am not. I trying to tell both you and bling what it takes to make a marriage to work it's called a lot of give and take and other things

Excuse me for being truthful, but sometime the truth hurts I know I've been hurt many times by the truth. Just ask a lot people on this forum like Thermionik and others who have been through the previous marriages what it did to them not only money wise, but emotional.

I know your though are that you (ssl) will probably not do some of the stuff as other, but I can tell you can not predict a lot things.

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
Heck, I only told you not to be in a hurry to reach 30. If she can put up with you I say power to both of you. It seems like you both know what you want. Get to finding a preacher and tie the knot for Christ sakes.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from phil. You have a vantage point much higher than mine. Your about twice my age so you have double the experience and wisdom that I do so I really have no business challenging you view points, but of course me being the jackass that i am, i will from time to time lol.

Not at all Bling. I might be a lot older and been round the track a few more times, but I aint no Saint believe me.:laugh2:

I have changed a lot in the past 2 years alone, everyone changes, we change moment to moment. I will not be the same person I was before I posted this after im done posting, because I had various thoughts while posting it, thus setting who i am askew just a hair from what it was before. i dont mind change, but at the same time i fear it. i am a creature of habit, i dont like to get out of my comfort zone. thats pretty obvious.

I think everyone is frightened of change, but sometimes you've just got to say f*ck it and go for it. A bit like when we moved to Dorset. We just got fed up with London and on a whim moved down the middle of nowhere with two young kids and a six month old baby in a blizzard. Wanna talk about crazy? :laugh2:

indeed, nothing is steady all the time, relationships consist of both times of joy as well as hardships. that is life in general from what im starting to gather.

You've nailed it in one Bling..:dude:

Yes, a relationship should be a partnership, a friendship, a romance, a lot more than just gong forward side by side, your right.

as far as the adolescence minded nonsense, thats only one side of me phil, i often wonder just how people "see" me here at mlp. the fact that i dont care a tremendous amount of what people think of me as a result of what i say and do creates the possibility for folks to see various sides of me, so various opinion are formed... so from time to time think to myself out of curiousness, i wonder if they think of me? do they think im crazy? then i ask becky if she thinks that they think im crazy. then i say, maybe i am crazy!

i actually have a very serious side to me phil. i work in health care (night shift in the emergency room) and see a lot of trauma, it does a lot to ones mind. if you can imagine it, i have seen it, up close and personal, and then some. perhaps the silly side i often show here is a way for me to escape from the stress. ... maybe, maybe not.

but yes, i do have a serious side, becky can tell you that. she can also tell you that i can at time, in person act just like how i often post here... :laugh2:

Bling, you really should come over to England in May and see what silly is.. You two would have a hoot in my garden. We are all as mad as March hares here.
We all have a serious darker side which people often don't show on forums like this . My wife says it's like living with a big kid living with me. and most people at the schools I go to think I'm as nutty as a fruit cake so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

people are bitter because they are hurting in some way shape or fashion... i wish them the best and hope they they find what is missing in their lives.

What you must realise Bling, is that people like yourself and probably myself to some extent open themselves up to people to a certain degree and wherever you find that you will find the people who lurk in the shadows.
They contribute f*ck all in the big scheme of things and can usualy only muster one line snidey retorts.. But then as I have always maintained.. To escape criticism..Say nothing - do nothing- be nothing and they certainly do a good job of that, so dont even bother giving them the time of day.

i have a lot of catching up to do, but i think ill be able to figure it out one way or another. but yes your right, by 30 you should be considering a lot more than what new hat to buy lol. and as far as not responding, i know in the past you would often give me a lot advice, but i would never respond. i want you to know that i have always read your posts and responses to mine, as well as everyone's. at that point in time though i was in a state of disarray, i wont go into details as you already know them. but thank you for always showing interest in me phil. it means a lot.

I think you are a nice guy Bling with no malice at all and you are adventurous in your crazy quests always reminding me of Don Quixote in the nicest possible way. :laugh2:
We go back a long way on this forum Bling and you have always contributed to it with a good heart..:dude:
All we want is for you and Becky to get yourselves over here in May.. You should be able to pick up some good air deals in advance. Frankie is hopefully coming over as I hope Harmony is too.
Have you two guys ever been to the UK before?
You'd have an absolute scream with the likes of Cookie and the guys.
A holiday you'd never forget that's for sure and if old Cooks gives you a lift half way you'll pass this place..

Now that would be one hell of a place to propose. What a story to tell your kids and the old Septics back home eh . And think of the thread of the year it would make here..:laugh2:

stonehenge.jpg

Latest Threads