bling turns 30 this year. (reflections)

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
in march, bling will turn 30.... that does not really bother bling, perhaps a slight bit as no one likes to age.... its more puzzling than anything.

30 will be a good age. bling is starting to figure out a few things that he hadnt got a grasp on before...

bling was thinking last night, age.... hmm... 14 to 17 was awful... confusing and bling didnt even know who bling was.

17 to 20, not bad.... got the hang of being a dumbass kid.

20 to 27ish bad.... early 20s being the worst... bling thought he was a grown up and knew what he was doing, bling was an idiot. (yeah go ahead tagger tag with "still an idiot, you clever fox you)

so yeah... early 20 to mid 20s, though he had things figured out, didnt know jack shixit...

late 20s, starting to realize that he is ignorant and needs to learn...

nearly 30, trys to stay humble, but realizes that by saying "i know not as much as i thought i did and im willing to learn" has an arrogant side to it as well, its a rabbit hole.... sort of like helping an old lady across the street and then feeling good about yourself, selfish bastarxd.

so what will 30 hold for bling? he has a lot of ideas in the works, by mid 30s bling hopes to be settled into early "real adult" life, and ready to go for the ride... so perhaps early 30s is gearing up for that? maybe just living.

bing has done a lot of dumb stuff in his life, abused his body and mind with toxins, reckless behavior, so on and so on...

so at 30 where will bling be at?

bling still cant wrap his head around the fact he gets called "sir" at work by younger people sometimes.... inside blings head, part of him is just a little kid, but thats ok, because we have figured it out to a point we hadnt before in blings head, and maybe we can start working together to steer bling into a very rewarding life....

i think so.

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
As you get older, you make bigger and more important decisions and take on more responsibilities. But I don't think that any of us ever really feels like we've totally grown up or stopped thinking like kids at least sometimes. Well, maybe some boring people have totally grown up but that's their problem.

Fred61

Reaction score
I'm turning 20 this year, and I'm right with you on your analysis of age. I'm finally getting those stupid things out of my system. Getting my life on track I guess

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm turning 20 this year, and I'm right with you on your analysis of age. I'm finally getting those stupid things out of my system. Getting my life on track I guess

you are 20, you dont know jack... someone thats 40 chime in and tell me i dont know jack either. ... then someone thats 50 chime in and tell them they dont know jack.

Shagnwagon

Reaction score
As you get older, you make bigger and more important decisions and take on more responsibilities. But I don't think that any of us ever really feels like we've totally grown up or stopped thinking like kids at least sometimes. Well, maybe some boring people have totally grown up but that's their problem.

Guitarist never grow up were still rockstar wanna bes! :laugh2: And Rich you nailed, theres always time for an off color immature joke or watching a silly childish movie etc etc :laugh2:

Bling, Hopefully 30 will bring lots of good things in your life man, and maybe a record deal! :thumb:

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
bling appears to be more mindful of his birthdays that I was... no surprise there, because bling seems to have more insight and sensitivity in general than I do.

For me the first "big" birthday was 13... but that was just so I could say I was a teenager. Strangely, it didn't seem much different than being 11 or 12...

The next big one was 15, but that was only because I could get a learner's permit as an automobile driver. Then came 18, which was supposed to be a big deal, but wasn't. I thought it would be cool to be able to buy beer without paying off a bum to get it for me, but it turned out that to be of legal drinking age was no big deal and was somehow balanced out by the fact that I could also vote and be drafted into the armed forces.

Then came 21, which was a snooze all the way around.

I fretted over turning thirty, but that, too, was forgettable. Same with forty.

But fifty really WAS a big one, and here's why: at fifty, you see it coming...

I am now 53, soon to be 54, and so far this has been the best decade of my entire life-- mainly, because I no longer feel as though I have time to waste.

Every little thing I do counts now, and I don't fritter time away so fecklessly as I did as a younger man. I am no longer subject to the rampage of hormones, women come and go almost unnoticed, and I have zero interest in "proving myself" because I've already done that one thousand times over.

Best of all: I don't mind it when the young folks call me "sir". I have earned it.

--R :)

ETA: he don't know jack.

mdubya

Reaction score
In a lot of ways, my late 20's to mid 30's was my best period. I had figured out what I wanted to do and had enough money to do a lot of it and was still young enough to have some energy to do it with gusto. Yet at 45, with a few very difficult adult years behind me, I wouldn't trade the life I have now, regardless of it imperfections.

I think Bling is doing a pretty good job of getting it figured out. Try to enjoy the ride. We only get one shot. Unless you are Hindu.

River

Reaction score
We only get one shot. Unless you are Hindu.
Even if you're on your second or subsequent "shot", the idea is to do it right this time and not have to slog through another attempt. :)

Hamtone

Reaction score
The number means nothing. Doing your very best from where you are at this moment is what counts.

Hack

Reaction score
No worries Bling, you got a good 7 or 8 years left in ya.

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
SSL reminds bling that there is a SSL missing from this equation. SSL wishes to be married and have her first child before she enters her 30's. When SSL enters her 30's, bling will be in his mid 30's, therefore perhaps he should consider settling into adult life in his early 30's, as one should live their lives to the fullest and not count on having tomorrow or all the time in the world, because you never know if you really do or not.

Hack

Reaction score
SSL reminds bling that there is a SSL missing from this equation. SSL wishes to be married and have her first child before she enters her 30's. When SSL enters her 30's, bling will be in his mid 30's, therefore perhaps he should consider settling into adult life in his early 30's, as one should live their lives to the fullest and not count on having tomorrow or all the time in the world, because you never know if you really do or not.

...and then Bling was never heard from again.

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are 20, you dont know jack... someone thats 40 chime in and tell me i dont know jack either. ... then someone thats 50 chime in and tell them they dont know jack.

I'm 60, and I don't know jack, but I'm still at it...maybe I'll meet jack someday...:)

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score

Oh snap!

oh-snap.jpg

;)

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Bling you have plenty of time.

When I was born to 5 years old was MAGICAL.
6 -12 was comic books and horror movies
13-18 I WENT NUTS
18-28- I WENT REALLY NUTS
28-45 I WENT REALLY REALLY NUTS
45 and a half to death-VERY SANE

I'm SO glad the "CRAZY" just dissapeared. Funny how life is!Hip Hip Hoorah!

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
I clearly remember waking up on my 30th birthday and thinking to myself "If I drop the ball I'm phucked".

My 30's were good though.

Latest Threads