Blimey! Aint life weird?

Phil47uk

Reaction score
no...thats phil as a child...

Nah, that's Vasco as a teenager..
I was too dark as a child..

Far right of pic..:laugh2:
At my cousins first birthday with my Auntie and another cousin.

Mecirca1952.jpg

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I had the same experience with some family from Spain who sent me a photo of their great-grandfather sitting beside mine (his brother). We've now met and they gave us a tour of the mill where the brothers worked, etc. It's very cool to have family in another country that you didn't even know about.

Yeah it feels very weird Lurko. You spend your whole life unaware of all this and suddenly out of the blue someone on the phone says " Hello we are related from back in the mid 1800's. :shock:
I know I have quite a few relations on my Dads side who moved to America back around 1911 who I have never met and I really should check them out too.

Dan

Reaction score
That's awesome, Phil. I'm glad to hear you've been able to connect with your family like that. The older I get, the more I realize the importance of it.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
That's awesome, Phil. I'm glad to hear you've been able to connect with your family like that. The older I get, the more I realize the importance of it.

Yeah dead right Dan.
One my cousins kids came over with his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago. Well I say kids.. He's 30..
They had a great time with our kids who were the same age and I told them all that I hoped their generation would keep in contact in the same way their parents and I have all these years, as I have had so many lovely times and happy memories of times in Switzerland.

One of my cousin's chalet near Villar.
Chalet1.jpg

And anothers house next to the lake of Geneva. The town behind the tree Montreaux. What a beautiful country it is. Taken last year when my wife and I went over.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbNK2i59dE[/ame]

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's sweet man! Congratulations! :thumb:

Latest Threads