blew a 20-something's mind with $2, twice

Big John

my cat, my bitch
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
While playing poker at my bro-in-law's b-day party last night, I whipped out two Susan B's for a $2 raise bet. Both of my nieces (22 & 26) instantly ragged me for using foreign coins. Half the players covered their mouths and started giggling. The family friend I raised then took out his wallet, pulled out a folded $2 bill from a hiding spot, called me and laughed. Right on cue, that got a "you guys are using fake money" gripe from both nieces. I won the pot and then asked my sister for a magnifying glass. The next few minutes was hilarious. Those girls were studying that money with blown minds. Everybody sarcastically patted my sister on the back for being such a good parent.

James R

Reaction score
It's scary how uninformed millennials are. And even more scary how over confident they are in their own intelligence.
Same as it ever was.
Every generation is always unimpressed with the attitudes of the ones that follow them, but I suspect it's just because they don't remember their own youth in the same light that their parents do.

Maybe I'm wrong, but personally, it took me many years to realize that I don't already know everything and that wisdom is a thing that grows with age and experience.

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad I was born in 59.
The big advances I recall as a kid was a 25 inch console color tv my mom bought my dad maybe around 69 or so.
Up to that point if we were not overseas we had a black and white 19 inch.

About that time I was given a transistor radio..Holy cow..Mobile music

Entering into the late 70's my now wife's parents somehow got ahold of a microwave oven..Man you could make lunch in less than a minute or a frozen meal in just a few

Remote for the tv came along for us around then.

This stuff was huge.

Now look at the advances and things that the kids now are exposed too..

nahh I will take my childhood back then over now..

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cash....hehe. I love it. More and more I get the eye roll and an exasperated sigh when I pull out cash to pay for a coffee or whatever. Especially in a place like Starbucks for example...where all the youngsters would really prefer to just have a payment microchip implanted in their wrists. Idiots.

gitmohair

Reaction score
I will take my childhood back then over now..

I'm a '59er too. By and large I agree with you, so much has been lost. But then, to be fair, a lot's been gained. I'd hope we're getting better as a species, and for a while we certainly were. Maybe we're just having a down moment :/ The kids are trying to make it better, as we did. Perhaps they'll do a better job. I hope so.

I Break Things

Reaction score
I honestly wish I had been born in an earlier decade. My dad's childhood sounds so fun and amazing. Mine looks rather bland in comparison.

sonar1

Reaction score
Plenty of three dollar bills flouncing around....
“Flouncing…”

I haven’t heard that word since a description about Paul Gonzolvez’ tenor solo at the Newport Jazz Festival, where a woman was dancing to/for the crowd.
”She continued to flounce to the appreciation of the crowd…”

Duke Ellington was pretty happy about that performance, which was an encore after his main set.

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
images.jpeg

nauc

Reaction score
she will be happy when the boomers are tossing $20's at her while she is dancing on the pole in a few years......
shes already worth millions..

Deftone

Reaction score

redcoats1976

Reaction score
I dunno... born in '57. I used to hate walking uphill in the snow, both ways, to get to and from school.

Maybe you were thankful, but back then I would have been thankful for a fucking Uber.
also born in 57.high school was 10 miles away.miss the bus,start hitching.but we did have the best music,cheap used musclecars,and no drug testing.

Latest Threads