Blackheart Handsome Devil Combo Q's

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Have you any experience with Blackheart Amps?? I was looking at getting a VOX Night Train but I did some looking and I found the Blackheart BH15-112 Handsome Devil Combo. It sounds great and the price is just great as well. Any thoughts??

Blackheart? - Lab Studies :: Case # BH15-112

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8hZBPIPQXY]YouTube - Blackheart Handsome Devil Combo[/ame]

TIA.
Jeff

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
blackheart.gif

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Isn't this the new version of the Crate tube amp?

Very cool tone, nice and full.

They say the amp is ready for modifications, but, IMHO, the mods are not that simple when you have to do things on a PCB. I don't know, but I prefer a good old turret board, and those are hard to come by these days unless you buy the thing pre-made or you make your own like I had to do for the amp that I'm currently building.

I'm pretty sure you can find the radial electrolytic you want, but all I've seen are the Xicon caps and those are not exactly tone machines for what I've heard.

tomaseriksson

Reaction score
damn, that amp sounded great in that video. Thats the sound Im looking for in my amps.

rideski

Reaction score
I have a Little Giant (5w) and had a Handsome Devil for a while but the LG was actually louder than the HD (15w)? The HD has much better headroom however. They are both very Plexi sounding. Very much worth the little cash you put out to get your hands on.
I'm actually able to use my 5 watter in rehearsal too - through a 412 cab. Sounds great.

Latest Threads