Blackheart Handsome Devil Combo - only $293 at Music123

Fireproof

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just found out the Blackheart Handsome Devil 1x12" Combo is on sale at Music123 for only $293. (Currently $450 at Musician's Friend)

http://www.music123.com/product/BH1...Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp.site7prod483097.product

15 watt / 7 watt switchable.
12 inch speaker

DV019_Jpg_Regular_483097_R.jpg

Fireproof

Reaction score
Well I do now, LOL.

I've been reading about this one and the Little Giant along with other 15W and under tube amps. Found some great demos and reviews so it's always been on my list. Just didn't want to spend almost $500 for one. Especially since I couldn't find a place to try it locally. But at this price, I figured I'd go for it.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
I got my hd combo used from a GC for 270 a while back. Love it, it's a great amp for a great price.

CharlyG

Reaction score
I had the combo for a while, but had to take the logo off whilst playing in church. No sense offending anyone! I enjoyed the amp but I am no longer a fan of 1x12 combos. they sound a tad boxy to me. I tried a Valve Jr head but meh.....

What I ended up with is a VHT Special 6 head. Built like a tank and very modifiable. They used an eyelet board!!! They even had a great idea for stdby. It is a 3way switch to also switch power levels from 6 to 3.They recently announced the Ultra which has some mods done to the original. I have 3 2x12 cabs so everything goes thru one or the other of those, including the Special 6.

But, back to the topic. The Blackheart is also well built and should give years of enjoyment..

Fireproof

Reaction score
I had the combo for a while, but had to take the logo off whilst playing in church. No sense offending anyone! I enjoyed the amp but I am no longer a fan of 1x12 combos. they sound a tad boxy to me. I tried a Valve Jr head but meh.....

What I ended up with is a VHT Special 6 head. Built like a tank and very modifiable. They used an eyelet board!!! They even had a great idea for stdby. It is a 3way switch to also switch power levels from 6 to 3.They recently announced the Ultra which has some mods done to the original. I have 3 2x12 cabs so everything goes thru one or the other of those, including the Special 6.

But, back to the topic. The Blackheart is also well built and should give years of enjoyment..

LOL at taking the logo off. I can see that. :D

Anyway - I don't gig, just jam with some family and friends and thought this would be a neat little tube amp to play with and at this price, seemed to be a good deal.

(Actually - they had a "Used - Condition A Mint" one for only $250, so I snagged that one. :naughty: )

ext1jdh

Reaction score
My mother took some black vinyl and made a nice cover for mine. By using it when traveling I have prevented a lot of wear. That being said, I have two small tears in the tolex. If they get bad, i may pull the amp out and re-cab it as a head. Or I may recover it in black and red tolex. You never know.

scozz

Reaction score
Blackheart amps are quality built amps at great prices, I think you'll be happy. :cool:

Fireproof

Reaction score
Cool - thanks. Looking forward to another amp to play with.

twangydave

Reaction score
I have the head - really nice classic rock tones at a low cost.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice find. I have the head, and I like it a lot better than the 5 watt version. That is a lot of amp for under $300.

Inca Mac

Reaction score
I have the handsome devil combo too and its amazing:)
Very sweet clean sounds and loves any pedal I have
Bass notes are clear and punchy and the EQ is very effective
Built like a tank
I even like the logo :)
I'd recommend it to anyone, especially at that price!!

Fireproof

Reaction score
Cools. You guys are making me more excited to receive it!

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
It fits my needs.......

DSCI0763.jpg

DSCI0709-1.jpg

I like the logo !
Blackheart_logo_Color.gif

HenryHill

Reaction score
I've got one coming, too. Damn you MLP!

Sure I wanted more of an amp, but this is the one on my list that went on sale first.

I AM taping over (at least the roses!) or pulling that logo!

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll come out of the closet. I kinda like the logo.

Latest Threads