Black socks are for old guys?

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barefoot all the time except at work where it's black socks.

So you're always barefoot. Got it.

10s_zps7khpcjd7.jpg

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
Color doesn't matter but texture does. I have issues.

That said, barefoot at home is good too.

TheX

Freedom is NOT a safe space
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any man putting that much thought into sock style/color is DEFINITELY in touch with his feminine side...not that there's anything wrong with that. :slash:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Kids are silly-this is 2017-EVERYBODY IS A CLOWN! Were these boys wearing "skinny" jeans?Lipstick?Shorts below the knee? No rules apply now. I wore a mullet in the 80's, do I laugh at old pictures? No. Everything can look silly through the "lens of time."

I have many different socks. I have black,green+red Christmas,white with gray toe, orange..........

I welcome any criticism.

"So, childe;you have the answers? We are worms.........we need the boot........why do you care what I wear? Look in thy mirror-look hard-see the naked ape that you are. AN ABOMINATION!!!! Funny? You need to go gargle with glass......MAGGOTS!

HHHHHHHHHMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmPPPPPPPppppphhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APP6-4i_pR4[/ame]

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Boots with shorts!? NEVER!

That kind of depends on what kind of boots we are talking about. There are those ankle high lace up boots that look that we call "hiking boots" around here It is common to see guys wearing those with shorts -- just not with dress socks of any color. Cowboy boots with shorts? Not so good unless you are a girl. Then it looks pretty sexy.

kmk108

Reaction score
That kind of depends on what kind of boots we are talking about. There are those ankle high lace up boots that look that we call "hiking boots" around here It is common to see guys wearing those with shorts -- just not with dress socks of any color. Cowboy boots with shorts? Not so good unless you are a girl. Then it looks pretty sexy.

I've worn boots with shorts once in my life, when I was hiking in Colorado wearing some Merrell Moabs.

So I guess never is a hyperbole. But I wouldn't be caught dead wearing my Katahdins with shorts
242053_116_41

efstop

rude and low IQ'd
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In summer I wear company-supplied black cargo shorts. I wear CSA-approved work boots because I have to, but only the 6" height. I wear black socks because they're cheap in bulk, and I push them down to the boot tops.

When it's not shorts season, I wear whatever socks I want that keep my feet warm, and no one sees 'em anyway, on account o' the cargo pants or jeans.

I never wear sandals. Shoes only.

Reaction score

This , but with a black short sleeve t shirt.
No key chain or cowboy hat and my shorts were not cutoffs. :laugh2:
My boots are steel toe work boots... beefier than those in the pic.

I didn't notice what the kids were wearing, but I did see their skateboards.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
^^^ And yet, it's the old people that want the kids to pull up their pants.

Because we can only tolerate to gaze upon stupid for so long..

EDS1275

Banned
Reaction score
not only is one supposed to worry about what one wears but whether or not its also appropriate to only certain age groups. ya know what...i gots better things to brainstorm about, so i say f***it all

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You gaze?

I only give passing glances before rolling my eyes.

If you're working in the trades and put in charge of such "utes" who favor fashion over function, it's your responsibility to see that they are attired properly.

And if this is "cool":

I'll happily remain an out-of-touch old man that yells at clouds.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So, after reading some of this thread last night, guess what I was doing today :laugh2:

I have been checking out men and their socks on the way home from Florida today. Three airports and two planes. A whole range of different type/age men, attire and fashion sense :D

Anyone watching me must be wandering what the hell I was doing :lol:

Fritz

Reaction score
full
baggy-pants.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads