Bigsby update and a question

mdittman

Reaction score
I've posted this guitar when I first got it but it had no pickups and a plastic pickguard. I ordered the T.K. Smith pickups and just made a wood pickguard and wired it up. Has a real vintage sound. I'm wondering about getting the Bigsby name inlayed on the headstock. Since all the original ones are accounted for no one should mistake it for an original. How hard do you think it would be for someone to do this and what kind of cost do you think it would incur?
IMG_20210916_200844716_copy_1159x2447.jpg

Davey Rock

Reaction score
I've posted this guitar when I first got it but it had no pickups and a plastic pickguard. I ordered the T.K. Smith pickups and just made a wood pickguard and wired it up. Has a real vintage sound. I'm wondering about getting the Bigsby name inlayed on the headstock. Since all the original ones are accounted for no one should mistake it for an original. How hard do you think it would be for someone to do this and what kind of cost do you think it would incur? View attachment 561194
For someone to make a custom inlay, route inlay and glue, refinish the headstock, I’d say anywhere from a couple hundred up to below a thousand depending who the guy is and how his prices are. Honestly, itd be a lot easier to route the small channel yourself and use inlay powder. That way it won’t cost no where near as much, you get your own custom inlay, and you don’t have to worry about getting the route perfect because the powder will fill in everything. It would also be easier to use a wipe on finish for the headstock.

Latest Threads