Big-name Players Gigging a Epi Lester

Destroythevoice

Reaction score
They're probably using them as beaters so their really valuable guitars don't get dinged up.
I don't really know about Janick.. But he uses a lot of old beat up strats and the way he treats all of his guitars it doesnt look like he cares much about dinging them up. Maybe for some artists this could be the case but totally not Janick.

truckermde

Reaction score
I caught a recent performance from Heart on AXS-TV, and the guitarist was playing an Elitist SG.

I've also seen Bernie Marsden and Leslie west playing Epi Lesters.

DLRG

Reaction score
That Epi Custom looks pretty good up on stage. I wouldn't have a problem being seen with one - but I'm not a Big-name player!

Nmoc strat

Reaction score
I don't really know about Janick.. But he uses a lot of old beat up strats and the way he treats all of his guitars it doesnt look like he cares much about dinging them up. Maybe for some artists this could be the case but totally not Janick.
Janick is been using that Epi Black Beauty 3 HBs Les Paul, for the opening song of Maidens last "Book Of Souls" Tour, during the last 2 years.

VancoD

Reaction score
I'm not famous (yet! HA!) but I recently acquired an Epi Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro in "Dirty Lemon" burst and I have to say that, aside from the do-nothing coil-cut switches it's an incredibly impressive piece.

It's no surprise to see big names using them IMO. There's plenty of rich kids with Custom Shop LPs gathering dust, so as has been stated, it's not the tool as much as it is the mechanic ;)

Last edited:

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
I agree.. I doubt there are many if any who go to a show just because a musician uses a Gibson LP. It's more about what they do with the instrument than anything. IMO
Its only a big deal in the fact that lots of cork-sniffery goes on and anyone playing an Epi is automatically considered to be on a lower rung of the ladder than a guy rocking a git with Gibby on headstock. Its not true, and anyone that's played a higher-end Epi knows they are equally capable guitars, but the corksniffers gonna sniff

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Its only a big deal in the fact that lots of cork-sniffery goes on and anyone playing an Epi is automatically considered to be on a lower rung of the ladder than a guy rocking a git with Gibby on headstock. Its not true, and anyone that's played a higher-end Epi knows they are equally capable guitars, but the corksniffers gonna sniff
I agree. It's just not important enough for me to worry about the head-stock or what cork sniffers think. For me it's about having fun and doing the best I can with the gear I can afford.

Latest Threads