Bibsby tailpiece ?

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What difference does Bigsby tailpieces make?

does it affect the sound in anyway?

what makes it different aside from the cool look? :cool:

:D

meximetal

Reaction score
I think it's just a different vibrato tail piece. It only affects the sound when you use it of course. I've seen a lot of blues and jazz players have it personally.There are people out there like the front man from Tiger Army who has one as well, I think. They come on a lot of Gretsch guitars.

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i see.. thanks mexi :thumb:

finally someone replied! :rofl:

:hippie:

Volusia

Reaction score
If the bigsby's good enough for this guy then it has my approval. :thumb:
He used this gold top on several tracks from On an Island.

GeeJay

Reaction score
I can't get past the fact that they look bloody 'orrible on a Lester. Like someone strapped a bear-trap on the top. So not for me...

BTW did anyone in the UK see Dave Gilmour on TV on Saturday night? It was a nice concert, wish I'd taped it.

Volusia

Reaction score
GeeJay, They have the "Night to Remember" RAH concert showing in theaters here this weekend 9/15 at 3:00PM. Unfortunatley I will be out of town and not near a theater showing this. He will play an opening song live, then cut to the RAH concert, then he will close with a live Q&A from London. It sounds pretty interesting. I will have to wait till the release of the DVD 9/18.

GeeJay

Reaction score
Ah, OK. That RAH gig might be the one that was broadcast here on Staurday. He played some cool stuff and had support from Crosby & Nash and David Bowie..

Cheers!

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can't get past the fact that they look bloody 'orrible on a Lester. Like someone strapped a bear-trap on the top. So not for me...

BTW did anyone in the UK see Dave Gilmour on TV on Saturday night? It was a nice concert, wish I'd taped it.
i might agree with you on this one glenn.. i wouldn't say horrible though, but i guess it's just not my taste.. :D .. i prefer seeing bigsby's on the bigger bodied ES's :D

:hippie::hippie::hippie:

Latest Threads