BFG question (Is Les Paul's sig worth 3K?)

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I'm lookin' at these guitars....and I have a question...maybe someone can help me on this:

First, there's this BFG on the clearance rack for the advertised price of....

$3,599.99 - $4,319.00

Buy Gibson Les Paul BFG Limited-Edition Electric Guitar | Solid Body Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend

Here's the logic behind that...

This is your opportunity to be one of the first to own a unique Les Paul model signed by Les Paul himself.
The BFG Limited Edition consists of the first 52 guitars produced in each color with a handwritten serial number showing the guitar's place in the run of 52. The father of the guitar that bears his name has signed the headstock.

Now...that same model (Gary Moore BFG) is going to soon be on sale...for 1,399.00

Buy Gibson Gary Moore BFG Electric Guitar | Solid Body Electric Guitars | Signature Model Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend

So....what's really the diff between these guitars? And is Les Paul's signature on a guitar worth 3000 dollars or thereabouts?

The_Sentry

Reaction score
nope.

nor is jeff beck's worth $20,000

Well. Sure, I get that.

Anyways....If this is a reintroduction of the BFG's, hopefully it'll take a bit of the sting out of the decision to MD the Les Paul Studios...

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not worth it. But the sig isn't what they're selling, it's the fact that you would own one of the first 52 of a certain colour. Trying to get the pokemon collectors into guitars I assume. And you can still wrangle a new BFG for 800-900 from a dealer (depending on the finish).

Besides, the unique pickup combination and basically a blank slate for all kinds of personalization make the BFG worth the price of admission for me.

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
no it's not......it would be awesome to get my BFG signed for me by the man himself but to buy one for that price....no way...

twinrider1

Reaction score
For $3k, you could fly to New York, check out Les' show, and get his signature in person.

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For $3k, you could fly to New York, check out Les' show, and get his signature in person.

But but but but... the handwritten serial.... the one of 52.... the the the.... pffft, I got nothing. :laugh2:

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
The ink used by Mr. Les Paul has his DNA so in the future you could use it to clone him and be your teacher at a barging price!!!!!

Latest Threads