BFG Gare Moore vs. Standard 2013 trans. Amber

Gyroman

Reaction score
Donal, thanks for helping. How did you do that? I feel embarrassed that I couldn't do it myself.

When you write your message, you see the little icons in the border above the box you type in? The one that looks like a small pic of a landscape is the one you click to insert your link to your pics.

Nice looking guitar! :thumb:

dspelman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Traditional 2016 was 2100$. I can afford it, but I can't justify it to myself as a beginner. I love the BFG GM, especially in clear daylight. Don't care too much about the missing pickup rings, inlays, etc.

According to Gibson's website the Standard 2013 is still 2999$, and I can buy one for 1700$. Guitar has been in the shop for over two years, but I didn't see any damages. It seems a good deal to me. I think I can even bargain to 1600$. I assume a Standard keeps its value longer than a BFG, even it is a Signature.

I like the combination of the P90 and the humbucker. That said, the BFG was an attempt by Gibson to produce an extremely cheap guitar for the entry level player. The signature means nothing. The Standard sounds like a good deal to me as well, *if* it's in really good playing shape.

As for "I can't justify it as a beginner..." my first keyboard was a Hammond B3, my first guitar was a Gibson ES-335. I still have and use that guitar. I think buying the best you can afford removes any excuses and increases your level of commitment and accountability.

oachs83

Reaction score
I really like the grain on that bad boy, hope you can love it for many years!!

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha absolutely not. For one you have not heard me play but thanks again for the kind words it makes me feel beter about myself. I don't what it is but I feel I am the worst player in the world and get to damn frustrated at times and am just amazed how awesome some of these people are live even the local scene I feel like I can't even hold their guitar case for them so thanks again.

For example here is me playing a street dance early Summer 2014 please note the terrible guitar playing, recorded on a cell phone that chopped and the audio got a little muffled

https://soundcloud.com/the-whiskey-richard-band/everything-about-you-audio

Here is exhibit B: This was a radio gig we did in 2015 and we were live on the air for one hour straight. First it is super hard not to swear and second they recorded us through one SM58 mic in the back of the room completely opposite of my side so I was bummed that this audio was going over the air and also I crapped the bed like this most of the night.

I edited the little intro on this song

https://soundcloud.com/the-whiskey-richard-band/talk-dirty-to-me

So you see thanks again for the kind words but I have a LOOOONG way to go. ---TRAVIS

Not bad at all man :thumb:

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Standard. My advice is don't settle. A guitar you can grow into is a wise investment. Keep the one that speaks to you. That's what matters

NTCP8

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

My budget was 1000$, seeing that seemed enough for an entry level player. I spend a bit more, but it feels right. The price I paid, is more than reasonable. The shop had to clear all its older models, to make place for the new ones. Music shops here in Hong Kong aren't that spacious. There is nothing wrong with the playability, as far as I can tell.

When I was 16, I dreamed to have an LP. Obviously I couldn't afford it, so bought an Epiphone LP standard (made in Korea version). After playing for a year I gave up, seeing I got stuck and couldn't afford lessons. Now I'm almost double the age, and can afford more (better guitar, good private tutor, amp, etc.). I feels good having a Gibson LP Standard.

Latest Threads