BFG Gare Moore vs. Standard 2013 trans. Amber

paco1976

Reaction score
I think all guitars are in the same LP line. Try them all and get the one that you feel better neck-wise, sound etc. At this point they're all good.

LPSPP

Reaction score
Your a beginner as you said.
The BFG is a great guitar.
Save your money, keep the BFG and keep learning :dude:

NTCP8

Reaction score
Left the office earlier to pick up the Standard. Have been 'jamming' for about 45min, and wow. Sound is totally different than the BFG. This is want I wanted. Sounds like a 'real' Les Paul.

Neck feels much better, not sure but I think it's a bit thinner. Good choice to swap the BFG, so far.

The top is a bit different from most trans ambers I've seen, rather unique I think. A lot of horizontal wood grains, love it.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Left the office earlier to pick up the Standard. Have been 'jamming' for about 45min, and wow. Sound is totally different than the BFG. This is want I wanted. Sounds like a 'real' Les Paul.

Neck feels much better, not sure but I think it's a bit thinner. Good choose to swap the BFG, so far.

The top is a bit different from most trans ambers I've seen, rather unique I think. A lot of horizontal wood grains, love it.

Good to hear you are happy with it :thumb:

Oh and ...

yoda-without-pics-this-thread-is-useless-BWVHSx_zpsf4c01222.jpg

NTCP8

Reaction score
Haha, yeah was trying to put some photos on it, but it didn't work. I have to copy a link, don't get it.

DanielB

Reaction score
My guitar that I myself really learned on was a 2013 Trans amber Standard. I found the neck very easy for me to use as a beginner. I thought the exact same thing about am I buying a guitar way out of my "playing" league? The short answer is yes but the long answer is NO! Who cares because the better I got I still love Standard and was proud to have my Standard. The best part is I don't feel the need to upgrade (sure I want more guitar's LOL) however I paid the big bucks right away and didn't find myself buying two guitars to fix one need. In other words buy once, cry once. Trust me you will want to upgrade when your playing gets better so why not go big right away and save the cash in the future for a killer amp, gear, more guitars, etc. etc.

Heres a picture of me with my 13 Trans Amber

Travis%204_zpso5qcilpl.jpg
That's a nice looking guitar no wonder you are happy and proud about it .

Gojo03

Reaction score
Haha, yeah was trying to put some photos on it, but I didn't work. I have to come a link, don't get it.

Upload them to photobucket or some hosting site. Then paste the IMG code here

acstorfer

Reaction score
It's not that I don't like the guitar, but a Standard 2013 for 1600/1700$ seems a better option. They didn't have this model displayed when I bought the Gary Moore BFG.

I'm a beginner and so far I don't need the inlays, seeing I only play when I sit down. From the moment that I develop my skills, and can play standing I think I will need the inlays.

Actually standing up you'll need the inlays less.

As was said, get the one that motivates you to play more. Nothing is overkill provided you can still pay your rent (and other expenses). The heart wants what it wants.

Congratulations on your new Standard!

Soloshchenko

Reaction score
I played one of Gary Moore's old bfgs in London about three years back and I was shocked to realise it's the only LP I've ever really disliked. It was a massive surprise as I thought I would love it but I disliked the feel, the humbucker, the track mark down the side of the neck on the top.

I'm a man who lives his cheap, stripped down Gibson's but to me if didn't feel like a quality instrument.

Lightningflash

Reaction score
My guitar that I myself really learned on was a 2013 Trans amber Standard. I found the neck very easy for me to use as a beginner. I thought the exact same thing about am I buying a guitar way out of my "playing" league? The short answer is yes but the long answer is NO! Who cares because the better I got I still love Standard and was proud to have my Standard. The best part is I don't feel the need to upgrade (sure I want more guitar's LOL) however I paid the big bucks right away and didn't find myself buying two guitars to fix one need. In other words buy once, cry once. Trust me you will want to upgrade when your playing gets better so why not go big right away and save the cash in the future for a killer amp, gear, more guitars, etc. etc.

Heres a picture of me with my 13 Trans Amber

Travis%204_zpso5qcilpl.jpg

So let me get this straight, you learned on a 13' LP and you're already gigging and singing while playing guitar in a couple of years?...that's pretty dang good IMO.
Nice Steel Panther shirt, Satchel is one of the funniest guys that I've seen on Youtube.

oachs83

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, you learned on a 13' LP and you're already gigging and singing while playing guitar in a couple of years?...that's pretty dang good IMO.
Nice Steel Panther shirt, Satchel is one of the funniest guys that I've seen on Youtube.

Steel Panther is great, those guys are very talented I've seen them live five times and every time it's a great show.

I appreciate the nice words, yes I got this guitar late December 2012 I think and my first live gig ever was December 27th 2013. I really found a passion in guitar and can't put it down, I crave the challenge it gives me. I wish I would have tried the guitar way before the age of 28. However I would be nothing without the group of guys in my band they are so great and I am lucky to have formed a band with them.

Feel free to check us out at The Whiskey Richard Band

Also Facebook, I do all the promoting and booking, thanks again.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Whiskey-Richard-band-151888874996649/?ref=bookmarks

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I appreciate the nice words, yes I got this guitar late December 2012 I think and my first live gig ever was December 27th 2013. I really found a passion in guitar and can't put it down, I crave the challenge it gives me. I wish I would have tried the guitar way before the age of 28. However I would be nothing without the group of guys in my band they are so great and I am lucky to have formed a band with them.

I don't know what to say :bowdown

NTCP8

Reaction score
Donal, thanks for helping. How did you do that? I feel embarrassed that I couldn't do it myself.

Mr.Drye

Reaction score
HNGD! Very nice guitar. Always loved the amber finishes. If you're anything like me, I think you'll be happier having spent the extra to go ahead and get what you like vs trying to work your way up to it.

oachs83

Reaction score
I don't know what to say :bowdown

Haha absolutely not. For one you have not heard me play but thanks again for the kind words it makes me feel beter about myself. I don't what it is but I feel I am the worst player in the world and get to damn frustrated at times and am just amazed how awesome some of these people are live even the local scene I feel like I can't even hold their guitar case for them so thanks again.

For example here is me playing a street dance early Summer 2014 please note the terrible guitar playing, recorded on a cell phone that chopped and the audio got a little muffled

https://soundcloud.com/the-whiskey-richard-band/everything-about-you-audio

Here is exhibit B: This was a radio gig we did in 2015 and we were live on the air for one hour straight. First it is super hard not to swear and second they recorded us through one SM58 mic in the back of the room completely opposite of my side so I was bummed that this audio was going over the air and also I crapped the bed like this most of the night.

I edited the little intro on this song

https://soundcloud.com/the-whiskey-richard-band/talk-dirty-to-me

So you see thanks again for the kind words but I have a LOOOONG way to go. ---TRAVIS

straightblues

Reaction score
The BFG is a very cool guitar. I have had one since they first came out. It is heavily chambered and does not sound like a solid Les Paul. I like the look and feel. Many people do not. If you are after traditional Les Paul tone, this isn't the guitar for you. But if you want some hollow body sorta tone mixed with a Les Paul, you might love it like I do. I really enjoy rocking mine.

Latest Threads