Better Call Saul

Rob H.

Reaction score
I stay away from all that stuff, except here.

There will be the rest of my life to read about it or ponder things.

I want to let the writers/directors/actors tell the story,

I’m impatient. For example we’re supposed to get details on the phone call Gene made to the sprinkler store according to one of the shows writers….but there are videos where people have transcribed it. Between audio editing and translating German subtitles it seems to be close at least.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
I know that I am going to be banging my head on the floor when it's over and done with. The guys put on a good series, but they need to go back to film school, and learn how to do "endings".
and which ending? we know how the pre-BB timeline ends, it's just a matter of details and how they tell the tale. The Omaha timeline hasn't really developed enough for me to give a damn

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The still have to put the final stake in Kim. We still need to know how things play out with Carol Burnett & co. And, right now, there are a few different directions that they can go with Gene.

My guess is, they will piss away another episode tonight on meaningless bullshit. I hope I am wrong. With only one episode remaining after tonight, that's a whole lotta shit to put in a five pound bag.

Roxy13

Reaction score
It's the penultimate episode so it had better be better than the previous 2! For some series this is the one that is often better than the finale.

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
Today my wife said she wants the writers to admit they made a mistake, bring back Lalo and Nacho so she can “look at the hotties” some more..

Roxy13

Reaction score
Today my wife said she wants the writers to admit they made a mistake, bring back Lalo and Nacho so she can “look at the hotties” some more..

Howard was handsome but they wasted him too.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Someone online cleaned up the audio of the phonebooth conversation, and said Saul was speaking directly with Kim. Can't find the link now, though.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I dunno. I just don't really see him yelling so angrily at Kim, but then again afterwards the way he kicked apart the phone booth he was acting like Walt when they were both in the vacuum guy's underground lair before being disappeared.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The have to resolve Kim tonight. If Saul is "gone", they should really devote the entire episode to that premise, no bullshit side madness. The rest of the distractions should end tonight, too.

That sets up a full show to making Saul gone.

Roxy13

Reaction score
We know we are going back to Gene land. They have to resolve what happened with cancer guy and Gene.

I'm also suspicious of Marion's new laptop and what she might come across.

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
I dunno. I just don't really see him yelling so angrily at Kim, but then again afterwards the way he kicked apart the phone booth he was acting like Walt when they were both in the vacuum guy's underground lair before being disappeared.
I once had a very heated conversation with a girl I loved very much.

It was on a pay phone. Pay phones are RUGGED.

By the end I was as animated as Gene was. Smashing that receiver against the phone so hard the earpiece broke and cut my hand.

When I saw that scene it reminded me of that embarrassing and regretful day. Love can make you crazy.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, Kim is *still* unresolved... the last show is going to have everything in it, including the kitchen sink.

You were right about the laptop Roxy... good catch.

Seems like they ran a bluff with the audio from the phone call. Maybe.

It looked like Gene's car was in a roadside ditch.

Should be a wild ride next week.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Wasn't that the old yellow Suzuki Esteem that he and Mike pushed into the ravine?

Yes, Kim is unresolved. It seems unlikely though that the DA will pursue a case against her but somehow I don't really see her going back to that unfulfilling life either. Was that puzzle she was doing completely blank? Her new bf only has half a brain and grunts, "yup!" just like Kevin's father did in his old Mesa Verde commercials. Decisions about Miracle Whip vs mayo being the high point of someone's life can't be ok for her.

Jeff has to be one of the biggest idiots we've seen on that show. At first I thought he drove the taxi into the other vehicle on purpose to distract the cops, but no, I think he's just an idiot. For that matter Gene could have just walked out there and gotten into the cab and the police wouldn't have thought anything of it. Or he could have gone out the back door and called Jeff and had him drive to the other side of the block or something. That was just full on moronic lol.

I'm glad Gene didn't bash in cancer guy's head with the urn of his dog's ashes or strangle Marion though.

Kim still has feelings for Jimmy though.

Obviously Gene has to go on the run now or turn himself in. What ending does Jimmy McGill deserve? Honestly I'm not sure.

Latest Threads