Better and more pics of dirty lemon R8

Frozen Rat

Reaction score
As requested, here are two more pics of my new 2016 R8 in dirty lemon (or lemon burst, I'm not sure which).

As I was saying in the original thread, I've admired these every time I've seen a NGD of one here.

It has way more flame to the top than R8s typically have. I think Gibson has really blurred the lines here between R8 and R9, as basically only the better tops on the R9s have distinguished them from R8s since 2013 when they began making all the historic with the same necks (R9 spec, excepting R0s), or at least as close to that as you get from Gibson.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!!!! Enjoy!!!

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Nice one. I know R9s get "better" tops but I prefer R8 flame tops.

PierM

Reaction score
R8 tops, at least before that "plain top" thing they are doing these days, were/are much more authentic to my eyes, if compared to originals.

I like them much more too, not only because they are more vintage'ish looking, but because they always have some unique fingerprint that gives them character, and that's a thing you hardly find on super flamey tops that are typically looking like a "deja vu". At least for my brain/eyes...:)

Your is a very nice one!! Congrats again. :)

ACEit

Reaction score
sisters...

TiRaAJh.jpg

Dilver

Reaction score
Beautiful. Each one is like a fingerprint - the flame pattern is unique. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I do mine.

Frozen Rat

Reaction score
There's nothing else quite like an RI LP that has "it." I've played so many of these and they all sound subtly different. While none I've played have been bad, there are certainly standouts, and you know you have one of those when you play a ZZ Top lick or Led Zeppelin chord progression, or something you're familiar with from the radio, and it sounds damn close to the original without even having to tweak the amp too much first. This one also take gain really well without getting muddy so quickly. Best guitar I've ever stumbled into at a GC. How it lasted 3 weeks up there I have no idea.

For the flame: if you look at this guitar straight on you'd think it had very little to none of it. When you look at it from an angle it pops out. It's like a hologram.

Les Paul John

Banned
Reaction score
As requested, here are two more pics of my new 2016 R8 in dirty lemon (or lemon burst, I'm not sure which).

As I was saying in the original thread, I've admired these every time I've seen a NGD of one here.

It has way more flame to the top than R8s typically have. I think Gibson has really blurred the lines here between R8 and R9, as basically only the better tops on the R9s have distinguished them from R8s since 2013 when they began making all the historic with the same necks (R9 spec, excepting R0s), or at least as close to that as you get from Gibson.

Here’s my 2016 R9 again and yes they are flamey. You got a beautiful guitar ... enjoy enjoy enjoy.

The second photo is of EVH with an actual 59

4097E051-FD92-48BC-9C1D-7B6C4917D2F0.png
679E3AEF-4490-441C-82E9-D3C74D3AEAB0.jpeg

Frozen Rat

Reaction score
Here’s my 2016 R9 again and yes they are flamey. You got a beautiful guitar ... enjoy enjoy enjoy.

The second photo is of EVH with an actual 59

I love the look. I wonder if EVH ever actually played that R9.

Latest Threads