Best wraparound for LP BJA in your opinion

merkava

Reaction score
ב"ה

Hi,
I wonder what is your experience with wraparound bridges as mojotone, tone pros.....
I have a BJA LP Jr and I want to change its bridge. And yes I want it to be intonated but I don't use capo.
Are the studs important? I see that some companies sell the wraparound WITH studs (Tone Pros) and some don't.

Thanks

Uri

CerebralGasket

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience with replacing the stock 50’s style wraparound bridge on an LP Special or Junior with a MojoAxe CWT has been that two problems are solved.

1. Intonation
2. Sitar effect

The MojoAxe CWT has an offset ridge that makes for a crisper string break angle at the apex of the bridge where the stock 50’s style bridge is too rounded.

MojoAxe CWT

full

smk506

Reaction score
Are the bridges on those slanted or straight across? It makes a big difference and one won’t work for the other.

That said I’ve gone through a few of each and the mojoaxe offerings are hands down the best I’ve had IF you have a slanted bridge.

E.T.

Reaction score
I'd just chuck a standard Gibson Lightning on it and be done. Aftermarket is a slippery slope!

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Epi has a lightning bar bridge. Posts are in a straight line.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just chuck a standard Gibson Lightning on it and be done. Aftermarket is a slippery slope!
yeah it be that. that being said the mojotone is a great solution.

E.T.

Reaction score
yeah it be that. that being said the mojotone is a great solution.
I guess it does maintain the original appearance better. Would be interested to hear the two compared tonally given the gentler break of a rounded bridge

smk506

Reaction score
I've used the mojoaxe on two of my LP's and am very happy. They are a little pricey though.

They are a bit. Honestly I’ve considered trying to cast my own using one of mine to make the mold… but that’s a lot of superfluous work and I like being able to support a truly top shelf business like mojoaxe. Plus Dan (owner) is a forum bro to boot.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
They are a bit. Honestly I’ve considered trying to cast my own using one of mine to make the mold… but that’s a lot of superfluous work and I like being able to support a truly top shelf business like mojoaxe. Plus Dan (owner) is a forum bro to boot.

TBH, I am surprised no one else has done this already. I don't agree with those bridges being that expensive. It is the principle of it. It's similar with some of the crazy priced Fuzz pedals. Sure I can afford a $300 fuzz, but it has like 6 or 7 electrical components and a circuit that has been around for eons. So I got into DIY pedal building.

Latest Threads