Best Way to Purchase New Les Paul

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
You’re a good dad! He’s got an experience he’ll never forget. Congratulations and good for you for sticking to your guns and getting the guitar you wanted for the price you were willing to pay. Please post some pictures!
Yea pics please, am dying to see this magnificent instrument your son is never going to forget.
Thanks

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
Pried it out of his hands for a couple pics. These really are amazing instruments, pricey bastards but the sound is amazing.

Hopefully when he becomes a rock star he'll remember who got him his first Gibson.View attachment 424111View attachment 424112
I have to say that is a screaming instrument.
And I bet it sounds great.
Can’t go wrong with an LP.
Congratulations on getting the one you set out to get.
Cheers Mitch

Rjames

Reaction score
Very nice. What model did you end up purchasing for your son?
It's a 50s standard, 2019. He liked it over all the others. He played a studio, classic, traditional, and 60s and kept going back to the 50s. I told him not to look at prices, just find the one he liked the best. Of course, he picked the standard.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I am glad he got exactly what he wanted and what felt best for him. I am glad I did not use that method when my Fiancee picked out her engagement ring. Yea honey, don't look at the price, just pick out the one that is best for you. :Ohno: I would have been paying for that darn ring the rest of my life. haha :rofl:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I think I have also heard that the 2019 50's Standard neck is not like the older 50's baseball necks, so it's not huge.