Best Wah Pedal?

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
I've got a Dunlop BB535 wah. Bought it off eBay for $70. Got super lucky, considering it's about 15 years old and has never been used (before me)...new in the box!

J

jagermonster

Reaction score
Maestro boomerang!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr7g5x7eBIs]YouTube - Maestro Boomerang II[/ame]

Alvinfan

Reaction score
Just got a Fulltone Clyde de luxe. I was not impressed......... also got a "Mad Professor" auto wha, same thing......... the search continues.

TheVince325

Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I love my Ibaneze WH-10V2!!! It's great! At least I think so :)

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
whoops, i meant Teese, not keese. anyway, here is a link:

Real McCoy Custom RMC4 Picture Wah Pedal

Did you buy direct from Teese?? I've been wanting the Picture Wah for a long time, but needed a few other things first. Was there a wait for the pedal? I think I'm gonna get one next year and I'm pretty excited about it. The only other Wah I've had was the Dunlop Jimi which broke around 4 yrs ago and I haven't played one since, so I'll definitely be learning, but why not learn with something that sounds good?
:)

Doyonte

Reaction score
Don't know wich wah i should choose between those ones ...

Buddy Guy Wah - Dunlop
Budwah - Budda
Fulltone Clyde deluxe wah - Fulltone

Someone can help me?
Thanks guys!

sgmike

Reaction score
just added true bypass to my gcb95 and trying to tame the shrill highs. but i find i am getting into that area of no sweep at all trying to take the shrills out. might check out the A51 or the CAE - i suppose i should try some of the stinkfoot mods before coughing up cash for another???

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah?

I used one recently on a "hired gun" recording job.....
I liked it a lot.....I will be getting one...My main wahs are a CAE,
a 1970's big ol Morley, and a couple CryBabys....

blues_man_zep

Reaction score
Its all preference, Go to guitar center try a bunch out see wich one you like best. People dont know what tone you like or what type of sweep you like, only you.

Batman

Reaction score
just added true bypass to my gcb95 and trying to tame the shrill highs. but i find i am getting into that area of no sweep at all trying to take the shrills out. might check out the A51 or the CAE - i suppose i should try some of the stinkfoot mods before coughing up cash for another???

Two things to try. . .These additional mods

Modifying the Dunlop GCB-95 Wah Pedal

Changing the tone of the GCB-95 Crybaby

Or, just do what Warren Haynes does; run a 20 foot cable to the Wah and a 20 foot cable return. This will trim the high end off as well. I wouldn't do this without a true bypass looper so it defeats the purpose of converting the Wah to true bypass but it is an option.

The best option IMO are the Lower range and mid control mods from the second link.

sgmike

Reaction score
Two things to try. . .These additional mods

Changing the tone of the GCB-95 Crybaby

The best option IMO are the Lower range and mid control mods from the second link.

thx batman - i actually already started listing the resistors and caps i want to test based on stinkfoot's page - i'm returning here to ask what type resistors/caps are recommended? 1/4 watt, 1/2 watt, carbon comp, metal film? ceramic disc cap? the cap in the wah is a unusual (unusual to me) square white cap - not sure which type of cap this is.

TIA and if the forum has a supporter/member selling these i'm happy to order them from anyone reputable (except for overpriced 'packages')

gilmourjunkie

Reaction score
If I recall correctly Guitar Player rated BBE wah the "sweetest" sounding wah... not sure if that helps or not.

Batman

Reaction score
thx batman - i actually already started listing the resistors and caps i want to test based on stinkfoot's page - i'm returning here to ask what type resistors/caps are recommended? 1/4 watt, 1/2 watt, carbon comp, metal film? ceramic disc cap? the cap in the wah is a unusual (unusual to me) square white cap - not sure which type of cap this is.

TIA and if the forum has a supporter/member selling these i'm happy to order them from anyone reputable (except for overpriced 'packages')

1/4 watt resistors should be fine. I usually end up using carbon film but use Metal film if you are concerned about noise. Carbon comp should be avoided as they tend to be noisy.

For the caps, use film caps not ceramic disc caps as they can be harsh; the white box is just a type of film cap. As far as what type of film, I just use whatever I can find in the value I am looking for.

sgmike

Reaction score
1/4 watt resistors should be fine. I usually end up using carbon film but use Metal film if you are concerned about noise. Carbon comp should be avoided as they tend to be noisy.

For the caps, use film caps not ceramic disc caps as they can be harsh; the white box is just a type of film cap. As far as what type of film, I just use whatever I can find in the value I am looking for.

thank you got the parts ordered will report back the results - i ordered several variants of the stinkfoot values, to test.

ps beautiful goldtop :hmm:

Batman

Reaction score
thank you got the parts ordered will report back the results - i ordered several variants of the stinkfoot values, to test.

ps beautiful goldtop :hmm:

:thumb:

I wish the GT was mine. . .its a picture of a real '56 GoldTop that I found online. I'd love to own one but I don't have that kind of cash. I'll have to settle for my '56 reissue. :)

Latest Threads