Best Wah Pedal?

NXC1978

Reaction score
Oh, and since I love to tweak on things, I had to open up the 535q to check out the guts. I'm pretty sure it is true bypass. The switch is a DPDT; I've been thinking about modding it with a 3PDT so I can add an LED. That is my only real complaint with the pedal- the lack of an indicator.

One way to test if it is true bypass is to hook it up in your signal chain, but without any power supply or batt. When the pedal is in "off" position the guitar signal should still continue if it has true bypass. Pedals w/o true bypass won't allow any signal without something powering the pedal.

mattymel

Reaction score
i have had a number of wahs in the past. and have tried the majority. had a crybaby. its fine but a tone sucker FOR SURE. had a vox Mccoy, okay, but a little too harsh for my liking. tried the fulltone and didnt like it AT ALL. too bulky and sounded like a glorified morley bad horsie (the worst wah pedal ever made). tried a budda wah, liked it, but claims it is true bypass, and its not. tried a keese...true bypass, sounded like the records. i have the keese picture wah and now i am done. all handmade in america. hmmm.

BluesLover

Reaction score
i have had a number of wahs in the past. and have tried the majority. had a crybaby. its fine but a tone sucker FOR SURE. had a vox Mccoy, okay, but a little too harsh for my liking. tried the fulltone and didnt like it AT ALL. too bulky and sounded like a glorified morley bad horsie (the worst wah pedal ever made). tried a budda wah, liked it, but claims it is true bypass, and its not. tried a keese...true bypass, sounded like the records. i have the keese picture wah and now i am done. all handmade in america. hmmm.

Do you have a link for the keese picture wah?

Paragon

Reaction score
One way to test if it is true bypass is to hook it up in your signal chain, but without any power supply or batt. When the pedal is in "off" position the guitar signal should still continue if it has true bypass. Pedals w/o true bypass won't allow any signal without something powering the pedal.

My crybaby classic is true bypass. :thumb:

Darkburst

Reaction score
I love my Teese Picture wah. I compared it side-by-side with the Crybaby Classic, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe and VOX. If you want to nail that vintage wah sound, look no further.

57 classic

Reaction score
i think you should check out the zakk wylde wah.it wahs not wows.also the morley power wah is a good choice

alexx

Reaction score
Try the HBE MEDICINE BAWL.
GREAT TONE, really.:thumb:

Calum

Reaction score
img55730154.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz3gknlGcFQ]YouTube - Custom Audio Electronics CAE MC-404 Wah[/ame]

Definately worth checking out, I tried a few and decided this one was the best sounding IMO

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting...Bradshaw and MXR. Hope MXR doesn't fuck up his good name by cutting corners with his designs.

satchfan

Reaction score
Try the new Vox 'Big Bad Wah' it's like 3 wah's in one :applause:

I bought one recently to replace my Dunlop cry baby!

Steve.

NXC1978

Reaction score
Anyone happen to try the Ibanez WH10 reissue? I hear it's not available for sale yet, but thought I would ask. I owned an original for a long time and ended up selling it. It was so fragile I rarely used it for fear it would break in half.

Apparently, the new one is die-cast metal instead of plastic. I am really hoping the sound is a clone to the original...

Ibanez :: Electric Guitars

WH10V2.gif

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I saw this and figured I would add to it vs. starting a new one.
Perhaps it will get the conversation flowing once again? :D
I scooped this one up about a month ago and it has the best sounding fuzz and wah I have ever heard.
Mine is MINT too...like it was never used.
I think they were made in the mid 70's and damn hard to find!
I can perfect Sabbath, Zep, QotSA, etc tones from it...amazing and love the all in one!

Ignore the voice, it is for laughs lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFx1I6MzkLk&hd=1]YouTube - ROLAND AD-50 DOUBLE BEAT FUZZ/WAH PEDAL AUDIO DEMONSTRATION[/ame]

Latest Threads