Best Wah Pedal?

mitchbob9

Reaction score
Slash uses multiple crybabys. The Classic, the 95q, the 535q, the rack one, and his signature one. I'm pretty sure they're all to use in the studio, except the rack crybaby which he uses live and controls it with an ernie ball volume pedal.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Damn ZepFan, I just visited your myspace page. You f'in rip. Very good stuff. How did I miss this for the last 10 months?

Hey man, thanks for the kind words! :thumb:

NXC1978

Reaction score
Those Area 51's are so dang expensive! I don't know what to do... I don't want to buy a cheap pedal and than have it crap out on me, and I don't want to wait forever to buy a good wah. grrr... >_<

The other wah's suggested probably aren't going to crap out on you, they just won't sound as good. If you decide the Area 51 is the one you want and can't afford it right now, you can buy a used crybaby or Vox and mod it with the Area 51 kit later on.

VictorB

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The other wah's suggested probably aren't going to crap out on you, they just won't sound as good. If you decide the Area 51 is the one you want and can't afford it right now, you can buy a used crybaby or Vox and mod it with the Area 51 kit later on.

Good advice here.

BluesLover

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'll do that. What do you guys think would be a good deal for a used Crybaby 535q?

Rikochet

Reaction score
How does that compare to the original wah? I've only seen them, never used them.

I've always liked the original or the 535q, but I have not had much experience with wah pedals. I've tried a weeping demon, but they always seem too bright or lack the warmth I want from a wah.

its weird, you can play one exactly like a regular crybaby, by just barely rocking it, or you can go all out and just go crazy on it. It takes a little bit of getting used to though, because the actuall wah sound takes barely any movement on the pedal to get, so you have to be carefull.

mitchbob9

Reaction score
its weird, you can play one exactly like a regular crybaby, by just barely rocking it, or you can go all out and just go crazy on it. It takes a little bit of getting used to though, because the actuall wah sound takes barely any movement on the pedal to get, so you have to be carefull.

Yeah, I just got a Crybaby Original. I love it, but I find it hard to do slow sweeps because the slightest movement can make it go right down. I love it though, it can actually get a really nice sweep if you can move it down slowely.

acstorfer

Reaction score
I have had a Budda Budwah for quite a while and I love it. True bipass and sweet sounding when engaged.

I did pick up a Slash Wah today, I needed a new toy. It is a lot of fun. It won't replace my Budda, but it is some big time fun.

asmith9509

Reaction score
I just got a 535q off of Craigslist locally for $50. I'm no wah expert, but it has been fun to play around with and sounds pretty darned good to me.

asmith9509

Reaction score
Oh, and since I love to tweak on things, I had to open up the 535q to check out the guts. I'm pretty sure it is true bypass. The switch is a DPDT; I've been thinking about modding it with a 3PDT so I can add an LED. That is my only real complaint with the pedal- the lack of an indicator.

dynabite

Reaction score
Morley Volume Wah with AC power, controls volume and wah same time - sideways for vol.

VictorB

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear a nice love song every once in a while. Your singer is such a sweet talker.

You do know this is a cover, right? :shock:

highenuff

Reaction score
My advice is go to the store and play on all of them.
Had the classic CryBaby, and it finally died. Loved it and ended up buying the Slash for the light...I know thats stupid but I wanted to know when its on and off.
You can turn the distorition off, however it cool during the sweet child solo, and some others.
Just my two cents...

Big John

my cat, my bitch
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been in love with my old Bawler Wah for a while, but I just added another one...

Over the holiday weekend, I put together BYOC's wah. With the five adjustable trim pots, I've got it dialed in to sound phaser-ish in part of the pedal travel. Very cool wah with a gainy amp.

Latest Threads