Best Top of the Year Thread

gravedanger

Reaction score
Where is this one now?
I believe I saw a posting of a guy on here that bought it. He saw it on Gibson's Instagram and contacted a dealer (maybe Wildwood?) and they managed to track it down and order it.

Very funky...I love it.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Not saying my 2018 R8 has objectively “the best” top, but I sure do love it and to me it’s certainly one of the best. But then again, I like quirky tops with lots of character and flecks and grain and peekaboo flame... not necessarily just over-the-top flame. :D

(No photoshop here, BTW... just straight off my crappy iPhone 6S. Some of these, particularly the ones taken indoors, could have used a little “lightening” because they were taken at night and the lighting in my house sucks for guitar pics, but I didn’t want to “cheat”. :D)

Last edited:

asapmaz

Reaction score
Gotcha. Maybe if we were going for the best top I saw this year category... :)

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Well, this guitar may not be ultra-flamed, but I think it's definitely one of my favorites for the year. And I'm just a little partial to her because she's mine. 2018 R9 Brazilian with Antiquity Burst finish. I just love the streaks and the waviness and the fact that it looks completely different from every angle. Just took these on my phone - no doctoring.