Best strap locks without drilling?

mdubya

Reaction score
After having Schallers fail on me, I installed metal washers and a permanent dedicated strap for each guitar. I am sure it is not 100% fool proof, but more so than the previous Schallers.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
J'utilise Grolsch. Schallers sont pour les putes.:thumb:

kasu

Reaction score
After having Schallers fail on me, I installed metal washers and a permanent dedicated strap for each guitar. I am sure it is not 100% fool proof, but more so than the previous Schallers.

Had the Schallers fail on me as well. I think its overdesigned crap really. I rather trust simple solutions, like the Fender rubber blocks, or as for now, home made rubber thingies. Didnt know about those Grolsch gaskets. I can see where Fender got the idea...:)

Nilitara

Reaction score
Another Schaller user here, I found the last set I bought last week came supplied with two extra longer screws which is great if the situation arises that they are needed

Xpensive Wino

Reaction score
joebstudiowork.jpg

MusicMan

Reaction score
dunlop_straplock.jpg

I have used these for years and have never had an issue.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It seems like this discussion will go on forever. And, in truth, there is probably NO wrong answer - other than doing nothing to protect your guitar from coming off its strap.

Some methods may provide more security than others. But, as long as you recognize that there is a very real possibility that your guitar may come off its strap if you do nothing to prevent that from happening - you are more than half way there!

And, when you decide to take the steps to install the <insert whatever device here> on your guitar/strap, please make sure that you do it correctly. I'd offer that most failures are due to installation error, or lack of regular inspection/maintenance.

Latest Threads