Best Replica Kluson Tuners?

TM1

Reaction score
I'm wondering who makes the best Replica Kluson's that don't slip. The ones that came on my ML R-9 suck!! I don't want to install Grovers as my ML doesn't need the added low end or sustain. I'd like to find some that look like Kluson's, but that work better & turn smoother..
Thanks!!

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Not sure who makes the best. I’ve seen Gotoh, Grover, Wilkinson, and some knock off brands that make Kluson-style/looking tuning machines. Kluson also makes different models it seems. Klusons came on my 2014 Traditional and Studio. They seem to keep tuning stable, but I still don’t love the plastic buttons - just my personal taste.

Wish I could have been more of a help - best of luck.

Paul46

Reaction score
Gotoh or Faber are quality, I put them on pretty much all of my guitars.

Mookakian

Reaction score
Id look into Kluson Ratio tuners, cant say enough good about those, maybe a tiny bit of low end and more bell than shimmer but will make things alot more stable and easy to tune, amd the slight tonal difference wont hurt in this situation i think

BayouGTR

Reaction score
Gibson, Grover, Kluson, TonePros
The TonePros had a cheep stamped metal feel, yet had a better fit in the existing holes.
Smooth operation and no slippage or rattles 5yrs in. It was a year or two before I stopped thinking about the
dam things every time I played that guitar.

Last edited:

Latest Threads